Friday, March 06, 2020

Day 25 & 26


Day 25-Thursday

It was a sad day for me. Joan kept asking me to help her in a voice whisper so low I had to put my ear to her lips to hear her. Each time she said it was like a pain in my heart. I'm doing everything I can to help her but she is stuck in a place that only time MAY help. I am not even sure if that will do it now.

What will I do?

The therapist was in and worked on moving her legs in the bed. It wasn't easy. Her attention span is short and then she drifts off somewhere until I call her back to me. He tried standing her up one time and then put her back in bed. Her body just freezes before it will bend forward far enough to be upright. Sitting at the edge of the bed, I could get her to bend the upright point but standing<><<<<<<<<<<<

So, it wasn't one of the better ones. I bought her some form of Chap Stik, if you remember that, where we bought her nail files. I had to look up “dry lips” in Spanish and fit it into my sentence when I talked to the girl about what I wanted. She took me right to them, showed me the most expensive-looking one but then showed me the ones on the counter that everybody uses and far cheaper. That was amazing. She said it was her favorite also. I bought it for Joan.

Day 26-Friday

Half good and half not so good day. Let's get through the not so good first and save the "good" for last. She has been quietly moaning for the last 3 days, not out of pain or anything, just moaning quietly. Her voice is only a whisper now. She is having difficulty feeding herself after 4 or 5 bites and I end up feeding her to make sure she eats. The neurologist said her rigidity is less now but her tremors in her right hand are almost constant and in the left about every 1 1/2 minutes. She said the stroke did that. The neuro is from Slovakia.

Now for the good news. The therapist was able to get her to stand(assisted) for about 3 minutes today. She wasn't completely upright but close. It's the first time for that and we were happy, all 3 of us. There is sloooooooooooooooooow progress being made. Now I wish they could do something to help her mind but I will hold onto today's progress for now.

Dzień 25-czwartek


To był dla mnie smutny dzień. Joan ciągle prosiła mnie, bym pomógł jej szeptem tak cicho, że musiałem przyłożyć ucho do jej ust, żeby ją usłyszeć. Za każdym razem, gdy mówiła, to było jak ból w moim sercu. Robię wszystko, co w mojej mocy, aby jej pomóc, ale utknęła w miejscu, które MOGĄ tylko pomóc. Nie jestem nawet pewien, czy to się teraz stanie.

Co zrobię?

Terapeuta był w środku i pracował nad poruszeniem nogami w łóżku. To nie było łatwe. Jej czas koncentracji jest krótki, a potem odpływa gdzieś, dopóki nie oddzwonię do mnie. Raz próbował ją podnieść, a potem położył z powrotem w łóżku. Jej ciało po prostu zamarza, zanim pochyli się na tyle daleko, by stać prosto. Siedząc na skraju łóżka, mogłem zmusić ją do zgięcia w pionie, ale stojąc <> <<<<<<<<<<<< zastyga.

Więc to nie był jeden z lepszych. Kupiłem jej jakąś formę Chap Stik, jeśli pamiętacie, gdzie kupiliśmy jej pilniki do paznokci. Musiałem poszukać „suchych ust” po hiszpańsku i dopasować je do mojego zdania, kiedy rozmawiałem z dziewczyną o tym, czego chciałem. Zabrała mnie prosto do nich, pokazała mi najdroższy, ale potem pokazała mi te na ladzie, których wszyscy używają i są znacznie tańsze. To było niesamowite. Powiedziała, że ​​to także jej ulubiony. Kupiłem to dla Joan.

Dzień 26-piątek

Połowa dobrego, a połowa niezbyt dobrego dnia. Najpierw przejdźmy przez to, co nie tak dobre, i na koniec zachowajmy „dobre”. Przez ostatnie 3 dni cicho jęczała, nie z bólu ani czegokolwiek, po prostu jęczała cicho. Jej głos jest teraz tylko szeptem. Ona ma trudności z karmieniem się po 4 lub 5 kęsach, a ja kończę ją karmieniem, aby upewnić się, że je. Neurolog powiedział, że jej sztywność jest teraz mniejsza, ale jej drżenie w prawej ręce jest prawie stałe, a po lewej co około 1 1/2 minuty. Powiedziała, że ​​udar to zrobił. Neuro- pochodzi ze Słowacji.

Teraz dobra wiadomość. Terapeuta był w stanie zmusić ją do wstania (asystowania) przez około 3 minuty. Nie była całkowicie wyprostowana, ale blisko. To pierwszy raz i byliśmy szczęśliwi, wszyscy trzej. Poczyniono postępy w sprawie sloooooooooooooooooow. Teraz chciałbym, żeby zrobili coś, co pomogłoby jej umysłowi, ale na razie utrzymam dzisiejszy postęp.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. My wife told me not to cry but be strong for both of us. I'm tearing up though just thinking about that day. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete