Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pobiedziska

We woke up to another gray day but determined to make the most of it and go somewhere. We decided we would first go to Ikea and see if we could find the 3M product that would allow us to finally put some pictures on the walls of our flat without damaging them. No luck.

Next we went to Carrefour, a large food chain store to see if we could find chili mix. No luck again.

We gave up on looking for things we wanted and decided to explore the area north of Poznań. I remembered that in 2004 we took a trip with my cousin Luka north to talk with a potential relative in the town of Bolechowo so I headed north. I also remembered that we passed a large manor house that was being restored and I thought I would try to find it. We drove north for about 25 minutes, didn't see the manor house so we decided to explore the town of Pobiedziska. We drove around the streets and saw in the distance a huge building/house that looked very interesting. We retraced our turns until I found a street that went in the direction on the place. As we approached it, on the right was a large lake and on the left was this beautiful old manor house or palace with a magnificent staircase.

Unfortunately I didn't take the camera but I did find a picture of a miniature version of this place which you see above. It was spectacular. I don't know the history of the place. I did a Google search but didn't come up with any information. We'll go back in the spring and see if we can find out more about this place.

The town itself was like a lot of small Polish towns with some cobblestone streets, old houses and new houses. For a Saturday, there were not many people in the main area of town as we drove through. Again, I will say that I am very impressed with the color schemes of new houses and apartments buildings that we have seen. They remind me so much of the colors we saw in the badlands of South Dakota.

This life is exciting for us. There is so much to learn, so many places to explore, so much to learn. All my life I have wondered about my Polish roots, my grandparents and great grandparents. My father and mother were Polish, even born in the U.S, they were still Polish in their minds and now I have the chance to know this country. I am fortunate to have a wife like Joan, who understands my need to know.

Budziliśmy się do innego dnia szarości ale zdecydowaliśmy się wykorzystać najlepiej to i pójść gdzieś. Zdecydowaliśmy się, że po pierwsze poszlibyśmy do Ikea i zobaczylibyśmy jeżeli moglibyśmy znaleźć 3M produkt, który pozwoliłby, żebyśmy w końcu położyli kilka obrazów {zdjęć} na ścianach naszego mieszkania bez uszkadzania ich. Żaden traf.

Następny poszliśmy do Skrzyżowania dróg, wielkiego sklepu {składu} łańcucha żywieniowego by zobaczyć jeżeli moglibyśmy znaleźć, że chili mieszają się. Żaden traf znowu.

My agawa w górze na szukaniu rzeczy chcieliśmy i zdecydowaliśmy się zbadać obszar na północ od Poznań. Zapamiętałem, że w 2004 wybraliśmy się w podróż z moim kuzyna Luka na północ by powiedzieć z potencjalnym krewnym w mieście o Bolechowo tak poszedłem na północ. Też zapamiętałem, że przeszliśmy wielki dworek, który był przywrócony i pomyślałem, że spróbowałbym znaleźć to. Popędziliśmy na północ przez około 25 minut, nie zobaczyliśmy dworku tak zdecydowaliśmy się zbadać miasto Pobiedziska. Podwieźliśmy ulice i zobaczyliśmy w odległości ogromny budowę/dom, który wyglądał bardzo interesujące. Odtworzyliśmy przeszłość naszych obrotów aż znalazłem ulicę, która weszła kierunek na miejscu. Jak my approched to, na prawie było wielkie jezioro i po lewej było ten piękny stary dworek albo pałac z wspaniałymi schodami. Niestety nie wziąłem aparatu fotograficznego ale znalazłem zdjęcie miniaturowej wersji tego miejsca, które widzisz powyżej. To było widowiskowe. Nie znam historii miejsca. Zrobiłem poszukiwanie Google ale nie znalazłem żadnej informacji. Wrócimy w wiośnie i zobaczymy jeżeli możemy wynajdować więcej o tym miejscu.

Miasto sam był jak dużo małych polskich miast z kilkoma ulicami kociego łba , starymi domami i nowymi domami. Przez sobotę, tam nie byli dużo ludzi przeważnie obszar miasta jak popędziliśmy na wskroś. Znowu, powiem, że jestem bardzo zachwycony z kolorystykami nowych domów i budynków apartamentów, które {że} zobaczyliśmy. Oni przypominają mi tyle o kolorach, które zobaczyliśmy w nieurodzajnych ziemiach Dakota Południowej.

Życie doczesne ekscytuje dla nas. Tam ma tylu nauczyć się, więc dużo miejsc by zbadać, tyle by nauczyć się. Całe moje życie zdumiałem się o moich polskich korzeniach, moich dziadkach i wielkich dziadkach. Mój ojciec i matka była Polką, nawet urodzona w U.S, oni byli jeszcze polscy w ich umysłach i teraz mam szansę by znać ten kraj. Jestem szczęśliwy by mieć żonę jak Joan, która rozumie mój potrzeba by wiedzieć

5 comments:

  1. e-mail me your postal address and also what chili mix you are looking for. I know the 3M product you are looking for; after all I live in the home of 3M. Later this week I plan to make a trek to the post office to mail a package to a Polish address and it would be very easy at the same time to send off a second package. You need the chili mix now, not next summer when it's 32 degrees! Don't remember if you were in Poland last summer, but when temperature went above 32, chili was not the food on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:44 AM

    David, Just following your posts, I've noticed that you are becoming more frustrated when it comes to the inavailability of products and high prices of products. I suspect your frustration may force you to return to the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous,

    Put your suspicion away. It would take FAR more than that to make me leave Poland. :-)

    Uprzątnij twoje podejrzenie. To wzięłoby Znacznie Więcej niż, że by zrobić mnie opuszczą Polskę. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:31 PM

    What is this chili mix anyway? You can easily find chili but what else does this mix contain?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack and Lori,
    It's called Chili-o mix and made by Frenches. Don't know what's in it though.

    ReplyDelete