Friday, January 25, 2008

Test Results.

I got an 85 out of 100 so not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Joan scored lower so she was not as happy. Even though I checked it over twice before I turned it in I made three mistakes I should have caught. On the "to know" questions I got half of them right. I will have to work on that area harder. Now is semester break at school, 3 weeks without any lessons. Regular college kids are thrilled, I'm not. We'll continue to study on our own at home and wait to return on Feb. 18th.

I went to the doctor today for a checkup on my problem only to find out there was a different neurologist waiting for me. This lady doctor spoke no English and so it was a challenge to get her to understand my problem. Frankly, I am little dissatisfied being scheduled with another doctor who speaks no English. After 45 minutes we were done and I took her prescriptions to the local apteka to have them filled. I also picked up Joan's prescription for Osteomax, the Polish equivalent for Fosamax. A 3 months supply sells for $40.

Also heard today from some friends of ours from the U.S. They are coming in March to visit with us.


Dostałem 85 z 100 tak nie tak zły jak pomyślałem, że to miało być. Joan zdobyła punkty niższy tak ona nie była jak szczęśliwa. Nawet gdyby sprawdziłem to dwa razy zanim obróciłem to w ja zrobiłem trzy pomyłki powinienem był złapać. Na" by znać" pytania dostałem pół ich w prawo. Będę musiał pracować nad tamtym twardszym obszaru. Teraz jest semestru przerwa w szkole, 3 tygodnie bez jakichkolwiek lekcji. Regularne dzieci uczelni są przejęte, nie jestem. Nadal będziemy studiować na naszym własnym w domu i czekać by wrócić na lutym. 18..

Poszedłem do doktora dzisiaj dla sprawdzania na moim problemie tylko by dowiedzieć się był różny neurolog czekający na mnie. Ten doktor pani nie mówił żadnych po angielsku i tak to było wyzwanie by dostać, żeby ona zrozumiała mój problem. Szczerze, jestem mało niezadowolonym byciem zaplanowany z innym doktorem, który nie mówi żadnych po angielsku. Po 45 minutach byliśmy zrobieni i wziąłem jej nakazy do miejscowego apteka by kazać ich napełniony. Też podniosłem Joan recepta na Osteomax, polski ekwiwalent dla Fosamax. 3 miesięcy zaopatrzenie sprzedaje się dla $40.

Też usłyszany dzisiaj od kilku przyjaciół naszego ze Stanów Zjednoczonych Oni wchodzą marzec by bywać z nami.

2 comments:

  1. If I could do 85% on a Polish language test, I'd cheer. Don't beat yourselves up over this!! I highly admire your intention to learn Polish. Many people would simply expect everyone to speak English. I'll be back to studying Polish via Rosetta Stone after I make a trip to Bolivia and can stop trying to remember the little bit of Spanish that I remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori.
    I'm OK with the test results. :-)
    Bolivia? That sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete