Saturday, April 26, 2008

64

When I get older losing my hair, many years from now.Will you still be sending me a valentine, Birthday greetings bottle of wine. If I'd been out till quarter to three,would you lock the door. Will you still need me, will you still feed me,when I'm sixty-four. You'll be older too and, if you say the word, I could stay with you. I could be handy, mending a fuse, when your lights have gone. You can knit a sweater by the fireside, Sunday mornings go for a ride. Doing the garden, digging the weeds,who could ask for more.Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four. Every summer we can rent a cottage in the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear. We shall scrimp and save. Grandchildren on your knee, Vera, Chuck & Dave. Send me a postcard, drop me a line,stating point of view. Indicate precisely what you mean to say, Yours sincerely, wasting away. Give me your answer, fill in a form, Mine for evermore .Will you still need me, will you still feed me,When I'm sixty-four.I heard this Beatles song many years ago and finally today, I understand them. It fitting for me, I am 64 :-)

Kiedy dostaję starsze tracenie moich włosów, dużo lat od teraz.Będziesz jeszcze wysyłać mi sympatię, Urodzin powitań butelkę wina. Jeżeli byłem poza aż do kwadransu do trzeciej, zamknąłbyś na klucz drzwi. Jeszcze będziesz potrzebować mnie, będziesz jeszcze karmisz mnie,kiedy będę sześćdziesięcioma czterema. Będziesz starszy również i, jeżeli tobą powiedz tylko słowo, mógłbym pozostać z tobą. Mógłbym być zręczny, naprawiający zapalnik, kiedy twoje światła poszły. Możesz robić na drutach sweter przy kominku, ranki niedzieli idą po jazdę. Robienie ogrodu, kopiąc żałobę,które mogłyby poprosić o wiecej.Will jeszcze potrzebujesz mnie, będziesz jeszcze karmisz mnie, kiedy jestem sześćdziesięcioma czterema. Każde lato możemy wynająć domek na Wyspie Istoty, jeżeli to nie jest zbyt drogie. Poskąpimy i będziemy oszczędzać. Wnuki na twoim kolanie, Vera, Chuck & Dave. Wyślij mi pocztówkę, napisz parę słów mnie,podając punkt widzenia. Wskaż dokładnie co zamierzasz powiedzieć, Twój szczerze, słabnące. Daj mi twoją odpowiedź, zapełnij formę, Mój na zawsze . Jeszcze będziesz potrzebować mnie, będziesz jeszcze karmisz mnie,Kiedy będę sześćdziesięcioma czterema.Usłyszałem tę Beatles piosenkę dużo lat temu i teraz pamiętam. Dzisiaj to stosowny dla mnie, jestem 64 :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sto Lat David!
    My daughter turns 17 today - which birthday do you think you would prefer to be celebrating?
    I'm getting psyched up for the sleepover etc...
    Hope you are soon mobile again Joan,
    and happy house-hunting.
    Bronwyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:37 PM

    Happy Birthday David! My husband turned 64 on 1/26.

    Thanks for the lines from that old Beatles' tune... I hadn't thought of it for years.

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete