Monday, April 21, 2008

Grandparents & language

A nice day today, good weather so I went for a little walk and then to the park by the church where I sat and watched people go by. I don't know if I was just not aware in America but here, in Poland, you see so many grandparents walking with grandchildren or pushing strollers with babies in them. Also you see so many more people wlaking around here then in America, especially in the evenings after dinner.

I have still so much learn of the Polish language. Today I read the contract I signed with the real estate agency when I went to see the house in Grodzieć. The way I read it meant we had to pay 2% for the real estate agency and 22% of the total cost in a tax. That meant the house was out of our reach and we were unhappy. Then I took the contract to a Polish friend who read it for me and it turned out I was wrong so the house is still affordable. This Thursday I will return to Grodzieć with Joan and our friend Zybyszek so Joan can see the house for herself. I am sure she will have questions to ask that I cannot think of and Zybyszek speaks English as well as we do so he will be able to translate and say everything. I would still like to visit it again with Wieslaw Kazus, husband of cousin Ola and builder of houses, so he can tell me the condition of this house but I liked this house and the property. It is only 40 kilometers from Konin and maybe an hour and 10 minutes from Poznan. I can see myself living there.


Miły dzień dzisiaj, dobra pogoda tak poszedłem po trochę spaceru i wtedy do parku przez kościół gdzie usiadłem i obserwowałem ludzie mijają. Nie wiem czy byłem właśnie nie świadomy w Ameryce ale tutaj, w Polsce, widzisz tak dużo dziadków chodzących z wnukami albo pchającymi spacerowiczami z dziećmi w nich. Też widzisz tak dużo więcej ludzi wlaking dookoła tutaj wtedy w Ameryce, specjalnie wieczorami po obiedzie.

Mam jeszcze tylu uczą się polskiego języka. Dzisiaj czytam kontrakt, który podpisałem z agencją nieruchomości kiedy poszedłem zobaczyć dom w Grodzieć. Sposób, którą czytam to miałam na myśli, że musieliśmy zapłacić 2% dla agencji nieruchomości i 22% z kosztu łącznego w podatku. Które oznaczyło, że dom był poza naszym zasięgiem i byliśmy nieszczęśliwi. Wtedy wziąłem kontrakt do polskiego przyjaciela, który czyta to dla mnie i to wyeksmitowało, że nie miałem racji tak dom jest jeszcze taki na którego stać. Ten czwartek wrócę do Grodzieć z Joan i naszym przyjacielem Zybyszekiem tak Joan może zobaczyć dom dla siebie. Jestem pewny, że ona będzie mieć pytania by poprosić, że nie mogę pomyśleć z i Zybyszek mówi po angielsku, jak również robimy tak on będzie mógł przetłumaczyć i powiedzieć wszystko. Jeszcze chciałbym odwiedzić to znowu z Wieslaw Kazus, mężem kuzyna Oli i budowniczego domów, więc on może powiedzieć mi warunek tego domu ale polubiłem ten dom i własność. To jest tylko 40 kilometrów z Konin i być może godzina i 10 minut z Poznania. Mogę zobaczyć się mieszkanie tam.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we'll see if Joan likes it first before a decision :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:53 PM

    JOAN AND DAVID,

    LOOKS LIKE QUITE INTEREESTING PLACE, WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU TO HAVE YOUR WORKSHOP AND JOAN A NICE FLOWER GARDEN AND PLENTY OF ROOM TO PLANT SOME LILAC BUSHES.

    AS TO PEOPLE WALKING AFTER DINNER IT IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH. IN MANY HOMES GRANDPARENTS AND EVEN GREAT GRANDPARENTS LIVE TOGETHER AND TAKE CARE OF THE GRANDKIDS TO FORM FAMILY BONDS AND ENJOY EACH OTHER COMPANY. SOME SAY NOTHING KEEPS YOU BUSY AND YOUNGER BETTER THAN YOU GRANDKIDS.

    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PLANS FOR THE HOUSE.

    BEST WISHES

    ReplyDelete