Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dinner

Dinner was great last night. I had seafood spaghetti and Joan had penne with asparagus and tomatoes. I don't remember what our friends had but both said the meals were veery good. Cousin Maciek and Wioletta gave us a bottle of wine before we started dinner, a wine from Chile, white and dry. I debated before going to dinner if I should take my camera and now I regret I didn't because Maciek and Wioletta were both at the restaurant with their children, Jagoda and Jędryk as well as Maciek's younger brother, Miłość. I met his brother earlier in the year at their grandfather Leszek's birthday party but hadn't seen him since then. I saw the children when we were at the restaurant for our anniversary but Jagoda was sleeping and I didn't get to see her standing up. The last time I say her she was only a few months old and she has grown considerably since then. It would have been nice to take pictures of all of them for my archives and photo collection.

Their restaurant is really exceptional and in a great location, on the main street of Poznań. Unfortunately, they haven't done much advertising yet so there were only 3 of the tables occupied with customers. The main chef is Italian and so the menu tends to go in that direction but they do serve traditional Polish food as well. It's located on the second floor of the building so the view of the street below is very nice.

After dinner, I had tiramisu and Joan had strawberry cheesecake for desert with coffee.

Today is a gray and cloudy day but we needed a few things from the store and Joan needed to buy a bigger frying pan so we went out for a short time.

Obiad był wielki ubiegłej nocy. Miałem spaghetti owoców morza i Joan miała penne ze szparagiem i pomidorami. Nie pamiętam czego nasi przyjaciele mieli ale oba powiedziany posiłki były ptak Catharus fuscescens dobry. Kuzyna Maciek i Wioletta dał nam butelkę wina zanim zaczęliśmy obiad, wino z Chile, białego i suche. Dyskutowałem przed chodzeniem do obiadu jeżeli powinienem wziąć mój aparat fotograficzny i teraz żałuję, że nie robiłem ponieważ Maciek i Wioletta był oba w restauracji z ich dziećmi, Jagoda i Jędryk, jak również młodszy brat Maciek , Miłość. Spotkałem jego brata wcześniej w roku przy ich dziadku Leszek partia urodzin ale nie zobaczyłem go od tego czasu. Zobaczyłem dzieci kiedy byliśmy w restauracji dla naszej rocznicy ale Jagoda spał i nie dostałem się zobaczyć jej stawania. Ostatnim razem mówię ją, że ona była tylko kilkoma miesiącami starymi i ona urosła znacznie od tego czasu. To byłoby miłe by zrobić zdjęcia wszystkich z nich dla moich archiwów i zbioru fotografii.

Ich restauracja jest naprawdę wyjątkowa i w wielkiej lokalizacji, na głównej ulicy Poznań. Niestety, oni nie zrobili dużo reklama jeszcze tak tam były tylko 3 ze stołów zajętych z klientami. Główny mistrz kucharski jest Włochem i tak menu zmierza wejść, że kierunek ale oni służą tradycyjnej polskiej żywności również. To zlokalizowało na drugim piętrze budowy tak widok ulicy poniżej jest bardzo miły.

Po obiedzie, miałem tiramisu i Joan miała sernik truskawki dla pustynnego z kawą.

Dzisiaj jest szarość i pochmurny dzień ale potrzebni kilkoma rzeczami od sklepu i Joan potrzebnej by kupić większą patelnię tak wyszliśmy przez krótki czas.

4 comments:

  1. David,

    You forgot to mention the name of the restaurant and where it is located. Now I am curious.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    It's located at sw. Marcin 40. In front is the name Blueberry Bar with wood covering the lower front of the building. It's the first tall building of the 5 in a row located there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,

    Thanks. That gives me an idea of where it is. We used to call those buildings Alpha back in 1988, not sure if they are still referred by that name.

    I will have to give it a try the next time we make it to Poland.

    I do miss Poznan often enough.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,
    I cannot believe you did not take your camera!! Having it there does not mean it must be used, but... My camera was my constant companion until either it or the rechargeable batteries stopped behaving. There have been suggestions of a mobile phone for my birthday (ugh!) so I wonder could I trade it for a good camera?
    I continue to be wowed by all the photos you have on display.

    ReplyDelete