Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sunny Day?







The weatherman was half right, the sun was out some of the time and we took advantage of it to go for a little drive to see colors and to cousin Marcelina's for flowers.

Marcelina is a ball of energy. It is hard to imagine her just siting down for a minute. Of course, this time of the year is her busiest day and the shop was full of people wanting to buy flowers so we didn't have a lot of time to talk. We saw some pretty green flowers that Joan selected for Golina and Marcelina gave us a red candle holder to place on the grave of great grandmother Ludwika and her grandmother, my grand aunt, Genowefa. We will do that tomorrow when we arrive in Golina. Although first we will go to Koniń because it is the birthday of cousin Krzysztof's wife and we want to give her some flowers since we will be in the area.

I have engaged Kasia Grycza, once again, to help me further my research about my family. There are three graves in the Kawnice cemetery with the name Kazmierczak on them and I feel that one or more of them must be related to my family so I have asked her to check the archives and see if she can find out. I've been asked why I do this. Why do I continue to search for people I never knew or families unknown to me and I can't answer with a definite reason. I don't know why this is so important to me now. Maybe because I feel that I should have always known about everyone related to me, maybe because I never knew nothing about family in Poland, maybe because I have met so many new family members who accept me as part of their family and I am grateful for that. Maybe it is because I want to leave something behind me when I am gone so anyone who is interested in our family history does not have to go through all that I have gone through to find the answers. My walls at home are covered with pictures of family members from everywhere and when I am eating dinner alone with my wife I am eating dinner also with many members of my family who are on the wall in our dining room.

Meteorolog był pół prawo, słońce było poza trochę z czasu i skorzystaliśmy z tego by pójść po trochę przejażdżki by zobaczyć kolory i do kuzyna Marceliny dla kwiatów.

Marcelina jest piłka energii. To jest twarde wyobrazić sobie jej właśnie lokalizację na dół na minutę. Oczywiście, tym razem roku jest jej najzajętszy dzień i sklep był pełny ludzi chcący by kupić kwiaty tak nie mieliśmy dużo czasu by powiedzieć. Zobaczyliśmy kilka dość zielone kwiaty, które Joan wybrała dla Golina i Marcelina dała nam czerwony lichtarz by umieścić na grobie wielkiego babki Ludwika i jej babki, mojej wielkiej ciotki, Genowefa. Zrobimy, że jutro kiedy przybędziemy do Golina. Chociaż po pierwsze pójdziemy do Koniń ponieważ to jest urodziny kuzyna żona Krzysztof i chcemy dać jej kilka kwiatów ponieważ będziemy w obszarze.

Zaangażowałem Kasia Grycza, jeszcze raz, by pomóc mi dalej moje badania o mojej rodzinie. Są trzy groby w cmentarzu Kawnice z imienia Kazmierczak na nich i czuję się, że jeden albo więcej z nich musi być związany do mojej rodziny tak poprosiłem, żeby ona sprawdziła archiwa i zobaczyć jeżeli ona może dowiedzieć się. Byłem pytany dlaczego robię to. Dlaczego nadal badam dla ludzi, którym nigdy nie znałem albo rodziny nieznane do mnie i nie mogę odpowiedzieć z określonym powodem. Nie znam dlaczego to jest tak ważne do mnie teraz. Być może ponieważ czuję się, że powinienem zawsze znać o każdym związany do mnie, być może ponieważ nigdy nie wiedziałem niczego o rodzinie w Polsce, być może ponieważ spotkałem tak dużo nowych członków rodziny, którzy przyjmują mnie jak część ich rodziny i jestem wdzięczny dla tamtego. Być może to jest ponieważ chcę zostawić coś za mną kiedy jestem minionym tak kogoś, który jest zainteresowany w naszej rodzinie historia nie musi przejść wszystkiego, że przeszedłem znaleźć odpowiedzi. Moje ściany w domu są pokryte z zdjęciami członków rodziny od wszędzie i kiedy jem obiad samotnie z moją żoną jem obiad też z wieloma członkami mojej rodziny, która są na ścianie w naszej jadalni.

5 comments:

  1. Marilyn3:23 PM

    David..
    All very good reasons to continue the family search!!!
    I thank you every day for all the info I have obtained from you.
    I am so happy to be a member of the GREAT POLISH FAMILY we all come from!!
    And, I feel like you, I want to be able to leave all this info for our future family!!! Again....
    THANK YOU..THANK YOU...TAHNK YOU for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn3:28 PM

    Also, am anxiously waiting to hear about your visit to Golina and the cemetery today!! Always ready to hear of news from Golina!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,
    I can understand all the reasons you have mentioned (and more!) for continuing your Family History research in 'all directions'. Hope Kasia comes up with some good information for you :))
    I'd intended to now be decoding more of my Cyrillic register entries, not catching up with your blog! But having started to look...
    I'm still trying to catch up on the references to your health - trust all is well.
    Bron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bronwyn,
    Yes, all is well, just waiting for the operation next month.

    ReplyDelete