Friday, September 17, 2010

Gołąbki

Great surprise given to us by a friend, Goląbki for dinner.  Gołabki  are a form of cabbage rolls. They are a traditional Polish dish made from lightly boiled cabbage leaves, which are wrapped in a parcel-like manner around minced pork or beef meat, chopped onions and/or rice or barley; most often baked and refried in a spicy or sweet-and-sour tomato sauce.  We didn't have anything special planned for tonights dinner so this was certainly a treat from Renata.

Wielka niespodzianka danym nam przez znajomego, gołąbki na obiad. Gołąbki są formą gołąbki. Są to tradycyjne naczynie wykonane z polskich miękko kapusty, które są zapakowane w sposób podobny do działki około mielonego mięsa wieprzowego i mięsa wołowego, posiekaną cebulę i / lub ryżu lub jęczmienia, najczęściej pieczone i grillowana w pikantnym lub słodko-i -kwaśnym sosie pomidorowym. Nie mieliśmy nic specjalnego planowanych dla obiadu dzisiejszych wieczorów, tak to z pewnością traktować z Renata.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:36 PM

    hi!
    i found your blog by accident, but i have to say it's very interesting. im a polish girl living in UK. i don't have much time now, but im wonder why you decided to move to Poland, after work i will have a deeper look in this site :)
    "gołąbki", i cant cook so i miss it so much, my favorite dish.
    good luck with your blog and Poland ;) all the best for you and your wife.

    Sandra Kuprowska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra,
    Thanks for your kind comments. If you deeper in the blog, at the first months archived in 2006, you'll learn the main reason I moved to Poland is because to family that I have here but never knew when I was young. My great grandfather immigrated to the U.S. in 1900 and now I have, more or less, completed the circle. I haven't been to England yet but I will journey there. I have a young cousin who lives in Luton.
    Thanks again for writing. It comments like yours that keep me writing.

    ReplyDelete