She had a window in her kitchen that faced the street and when I arrived, usually on Saturday morning, Joanna would greet me at the opened door with a smile on her face. If I woke up on time, I would stop at Pod Strzecha and buy 2 croissants for us to have with the coffee she would make. A coffee machine made in Italy would take the coffee grounds, she would put in the water, and turn the machine on. In a short time, a cup was placed under an outlet where the coffee came out. There was a flexible tube that was then put in a container of milk to be injected into the coffee. When it was all finished, she would carry the filled cups into the sitting room where we would talk about everything. I learned so many things about Polish history and the history of her own family. She knew her family history well and even had a book published about it that she showed me. Those meetings are only memories now and there are others that I will always have.
Yesterday, we are waiting until 10 PM when the football game between Michigan and TCU began. I made an arrangement with ESPN Live Stream so we can watch the complete game. I hoped it would turn out well, the game. GO BLUE! P.S. It was a waste, they lost 51-45.
Mia艂a w kuchni okno wychodz膮ce na ulic臋 i kiedy przyje偶d偶a艂am, zwykle w sobot臋 rano, Joanna wita艂a mnie w otwartych drzwiach z u艣miechem na twarzy. Je艣li obudzi艂am si臋 na czas, zatrzymywa艂am si臋 w Pod Strzech膮 i kupowa艂am 2 rogaliki dla nas do kawy, kt贸r膮 robi艂a. Ekspres do kawy produkcji w艂oskiej pobiera艂 fusy z kawy, ona wsypywa艂a wod臋 i w艂膮cza艂a urz膮dzenie. W kr贸tkim czasie, fili偶anka zosta艂a umieszczona pod wylotem, gdzie kawa wysz艂a. By艂a tam elastyczna rurka, kt贸r膮 nast臋pnie wk艂ada艂o si臋 do pojemnika z mlekiem, aby wstrzykn膮膰 je do kawy. Kiedy wszystko by艂o gotowe, przenosi艂a nape艂nione fili偶anki do pokoju wypoczynkowego, gdzie rozmawiali艣my o wszystkim. Dowiedzia艂em si臋 tak wielu rzeczy o historii Polski i historii jej w艂asnej rodziny. Zna艂a dobrze histori臋 swojej rodziny i mia艂a nawet wydan膮 o niej ksi膮偶k臋, kt贸r膮 mi pokaza艂a. Te spotkania s膮 teraz tylko wspomnieniami, a s膮 inne, kt贸re zawsze b臋d臋 mia艂.
Wczoraj czekamy do 10 PM, kiedy rozpocz膮艂 si臋 mecz pi艂ki no偶nej pomi臋dzy Michigan a TCU. Um贸wi艂em si臋 z ESPN Live Stream, 偶eby艣my mogli obejrze膰 kompletny mecz. Mia艂em nadziej臋, 偶e oka偶e si臋 dobrze, gra. GO BLUE! P.S. To by艂a strata, przegrali 51-45.