Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fractured



We went to Medicover today to have Joan's ankle checked. I'm glad we did. It turns out it was fractured in two places and needed to be put into a cast. It will stay on for four weeks and then we go back to have it removed. I also have to be her nurse for that time, giving her injections of Heparin each day. They showed me how to do it but I'm not looking for to it, I hate needles. Of course, Joan is disgusted that it happened because she will be on crutches and not walking much. I'll be doing the cooking and everything else while she recovers. The good news is that they were only hairline fractures and will heal without problems.

Poszliśmy do Medicover dzisiaj by kazać kostkę Joan kratkowaną. Jestem zadowolony zrobiliśmy. To okazuje się, że to było łamane w dwu miejscach i potrzebny by być położone do rzutu. To pozostanie nadal na cztery tygodnie i wtedy wracamy kazać to usunięci. Też muszę być jej pielęgniarką na tamten czas, dając jej zastrzyki Heparyny każdego dnia. Oni pokazali mi jak robić to ale nie szukam do tego, nienawidzę igieł. Oczywiście, Joan jest brzydzona, że to zdarzyło się ponieważ ona będzie na kulach i nie chodząca dużo. Będę robić gotowanie i wszystko inaczej podczas gdy ona zdrowieje. Dobra wiadomość jest, że oni byli tylko złamaniami linii włosów i zagoją się bez problemów.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:52 PM

    Oh Joan...
    I hope the time flies by and that your fractures heal cleanly and quickly.
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walk as much as possible. The weight bearing actually helps fractures heal more quickly. I know from the experience of badly fracturing both bones in my left leg -- through the exciting activity of stopping by one morning to pick up my dry cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:06 PM

    So sorry to hear that Aunt Joan. Hope you feel better. That stinks. I love you guys. Heather

    ReplyDelete