Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quiet days.

A quiet day yesterday except for my lesson with Zbyszek. Today we had a light flurry of snow for a few minutes but nothing stuck on the ground. My computer is slowing down so I guess soon I'll have to reformat it and get rid of all the junk collected in the hidden files.

Nov. 1st is approaching and talking to local people most call it a sad da,. for me it isn't.  Yes, it's sad to think of all the people who are gone but I think of it as more a celebration that they lived and because of them I am here. So much of my life I was ignorant of my heritage but now that I have found it I am happy to be here, put flowers and candles on the graves of those who came before me and thank them for my life in Poland. It's a pity they don't celebrate it the same way in the country I came from.

Ciche dni wczoraj wyjątkiem mojej lekcji z Zbyszek. Dzisiaj mieliśmy lekką lawinę śniegu na kilka minut, ale nic przyklejonych na ziemi. Mój komputer jest spowolnienie więc chyba niedługo będę musiał sformatować i pozbyć się wszystkich śmieci zebranych w ukrytych plikach.

01 listopada zbliża się i mówi do mieszkańców najbardziej nazwać to smutne da,. dla mnie to nie jest. Tak, to smutne, że ze wszystkich ludzi, którzy odeszli, ale myślę o nim jako bardziej uroczystości, że żyli i dlatego z nich tu jestem. Tak wiele z mojego życia byłem nieświadomy mojego dziedzictwa, ale teraz, że znalazłem to cieszę się, że tu, złożyć kwiaty i świece na grobach tych, którzy przyszli przede Mną i podziękować im za mojego życia w Polsce. Szkoda, że nie obchodzimy go w ten sam sposób, w kraju pochodzę.

No comments:

Post a Comment