Thursday, October 25, 2012

Testing

Today was blood test day for PSA levels so I went to the hospital at 8AM and got right into the lab after registering at the hospital. It's pretty simple to do, just push the first button on the machine, get a number and wait for the number to come up. I only had two people in front of me so with ten minutes I was regustered and on my way to the lab.

The lab techincian I have seen before, more than once, and usually she's good at what she does but today she missed the vein in my arm and had to do it all over again. I have to admit it was a little painful today but not that bad. All together it took about 45 minutes so I was home within an hour after I left.  I'll go back on Monday morning to get the results of the test and hopefully there won't be any significant change in the PSA level.  Of course, it's always a little stressfull at this time, waiting to get the results but the last two years have been good so I'm not pessimistic about the new test.

Dzisiaj by艂 dzie艅 badanie krwi na poziom PSA, wi臋c uda艂em si臋 do szpitala o 8 rano i od razu do laboratorium, po rejestracji w szpitalu. Jest to do艣膰 proste do zrobienia, wystarczy wcisn膮膰 pierwszy przycisk na urz膮dzeniu, uzyska膰 numer i czeka膰 na numer wymy艣li膰. Mia艂em tylko dwie osoby przede mn膮, tak z dziesi臋膰 minut by艂em regustered i na mojej drodze do laboratorium.

Techincian lab widzia艂em wcze艣niej, wi臋cej ni偶 raz, a zazwyczaj, 偶e jest dobry w tym co robi, ale dzi艣 t臋skni艂a 偶y艂y w moim ramieniu i mia艂 zrobi膰 to jeszcze raz. Musz臋 przyzna膰, 偶e to by艂o troch臋 bolesne, ale dzisiaj nie jest tak 藕le. Wszystko razem zaj臋艂o to oko艂o 45 minut, tak by艂em w domu w ci膮gu godziny po moim odej艣ciu. Wr贸c臋 w poniedzia艂ek rano, aby uzyska膰 wyniki badania i mam nadziej臋, 偶e nie b臋dzie 偶adnych istotnych zmian w poziomie PSA. Oczywi艣cie, zawsze jest troch臋 stresuj膮ca w tym czasie oczekiwania na wyniki, ale ostatnie dwa lata by艂y dobre, wi臋c nie jestem pesymistycznie nowego testu.