Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tomorrow, tomorrow.

 Great grandmother Ludwika
Great aunt Genowefa
 
So tomorrow is the day of pilgrimage back to Golina. The day when most Poles go to visit cemeteries where their relatives and ancestors lay. Ever since I found out about my ancestry, researched it and developed my family tree it has been a special day for me. I never knew great grandmother Ludwika or great aunt Genowefa but I feel a strong connection to them. Ludwika remained in Poland all her life with her daughter Genowefa, even after her husband J贸zef immigrated to the U.S. with three sons and one daughter. It's because of her that I am connected to Poland, to cousins I never knew about. Sometimes I wonder how different my life might have been if I had know about them when I was young. Now I am just greatful to have made the connections to cousins that I have in the last 10 years.

Wi臋c jutro jest dzie艅 pielgrzymki powrotnej do Golina.Dzie艅, kiedy wi臋kszo艣膰 Polak贸w go odwiedzi膰 cmentarze, gdzie ich krewni i przodkowie Lay. Odk膮d dowiedzia艂am si臋 o moim pochodzeniu, zbadali go i rozwija膰 moje drzewo genealogiczne to by艂 wyj膮tkowy dzie艅 dla mnie. Nigdy nie wiedzia艂em, prababcia Ludwik臋 albo wielki ciotka Genowefa ale czuj臋 siln膮 wi臋藕 z nimi. Ludwika pozosta艂 w Polsce przez ca艂e 偶ycie jej c贸rki Genowefy, nawet po tym jak jej m膮偶 J贸zef wyemigrowa艂 do USA z trzech syn贸w i jedn膮 c贸rk臋. To z jej powodu, 偶e jestem pod艂膮czony do Polski, do kuzyn贸w nigdy nie wiedzieli o. Czasami zastanawiam si臋, jak r贸偶ne moje 偶ycie mog艂o by膰, gdybym wiedzia艂 o nich, kiedy by艂em m艂ody. Teraz jestem po prostu wdzi臋czny, 偶e wykonane po艂膮czenia do kuzyn贸w, 偶e mam w ci膮gu ostatnich 10 lat.