Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Harold Ramis

I read today the actor and writer Harold Ramis died at the age of 69. He was an actor from Chicago we knew from the movie, "Ghost Busters". It reminded me that life is short and you have to make the best of each day. I am 69, soon to be 70, with God's help and this caused me to think of my own life, the decisions I have made along the way, both bad and good. I usually don't think of the bad ones anymore, it's a waste of time, the one thing you cannot get back. However, whether they were good or bad, if I had changed them for the opposite, I probably wouldn't be where I am today in my life. It's strange to think that changing one decision can alter your life and maybe take you down a different path. I've been down many different roads and the one I've been on the last 15 years has been a good one and I hope it continues.

We continue to follow the news about Ukraine and what's happening there now with the change in government and how the world is reacting to it. Being the eastern border of Poland and knowing the history between Ukraine and Poland, I think it's important to know what is going on.

The weather has been good all week, around 10-11c and like a precursor to Spring. Some part in the forest are already turning green and, hopefully, it will continue. With March about to start, it's only a little over a month until the outdoor cafes open and that will be a good thing because you know we love to sit in them and watch the people in the old market.

Dzisiaj przeczytałem, że aktor i pisarz Harold Ramis zmarł w wieku 69 lat . Był aktorem z Chicago, którego znamy z filmu " Ghost Busters " . To przypomniało mi, że życie jest krótkie i trzeba jak najlepiej wykorzystać każdy dzień . Ja mam 69 lat, a wkrótce skończę 70 z Bożą pomocą i to spowodowało, że myślę o moim własnym życiu, o decyzjach, które podjąłem w tym czasie, zarówno tych złych, jak i dobrych. Zwykle już nie myślę o tych złych , jako że to strata czasu  i coś, czego nie możesz cofnąć . Jednak to, czy były one dobre, czy złe i gdybym je zamienił, prawdopodobnie nie byłbym w moim życiu tam, gdzie jestem teraz. To niezwykłe myśleć, jak zmieniając jedną decyzję można zmienić swoje życie i jak może poprowadzić cię różnymi ścieżkami. Byłem na wiele różnych drogach  i jedna, na której jestem na przestrzeni ostatnich 15 lat jest dobra i mam nadzieję, że będzie kontynuowana.

Nadal śledzimy informacje z Ukrainy i co dzieje się tam teraz ze zmianą rządu, i jak świat na to reaguje. Byłem na wschodniej granicy Polski i znam historię stosunków ukraińsko-polskich i myślę, że ważne jest, aby wiedzieć, co się dzieje .

Przez cały tydzień utrzymywała się dobra pogoda, około 10-11C i jest jak zwiastun wiosny . Niektóre partie  lasu zmieniają swój  kolor na zielony i miejmy nadzieję , że tak będzie nadal . W okolicy marca zaczynają, a to tylko nieco ponad miesiąc, otwierać się kawiarenki na zewnątrz i to będzie dobra rzecz, bo jak wiesz my kochamy w nich siedzieć i obserwować ludzi w starym rynku.

No comments:

Post a Comment