Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Missing characters.

Anonymous,  NO, I haven't lost my political fire, just trying to restrain myself from turning my blog into a political format. You and I obviously disagree on climate change and we stand fast on our viewpoints. Only time will tell who is right. Yes, I would be glad to meet with you, if and when you are in Poznan.

I had a nice conversation with Radek and his sister, Kamila, today about our upcoming trip to Spain and his interest in buying a house there for the future. Kamila brought with her some makowiec that was made last Christmas, frozen and then brought back to life yesterday. It tasted great! It was from an old family recipe.

Somehow I have lost the use of my Polish language characters on this computer and am unable to use them for now until I figure out another way. Therefore, please excuse the lack of the proper ones on Polish words using them. I do have the Polish programmers keyboard downloaded for Windows 10 but it does not work.

I did get up last night at 2:45 to watch that basketball game but, unfortunately, Gonzaga lost the championship by 7 points. They made too many mistakes and our Polish player was not effective enough to defeat the other team.  My son is happy, his favorite team is North Carolina, who won the championship.

Anonimie, NIE, nie straciłem mojego politycznego ognia, starając się powstrzymać  od przekształcania mojego bloga w format polityczny. Wyraźnie nie zgadzamy się co do zmian klimatycznych i trzymamy się naszych punktów widzenia. Tylko czas pokaże, kto ma rację. Tak, cieszyłbym się na spotkanie z tobą, jeśli i kiedyś będziesz w Poznaniu.

Miałem miłą rozmowę z Radkiem i jego siostrą, Kamilą, o naszej zbliżającej się podróży do Hiszpanii i jego zainteresowaniu kupnem tam domu w przyszłości. Kamila przyniosła ze sobą jakiś makowiec, który zrobiła w zeszłym roku na Święta, po czym zamroziła, a wczoraj przywróciła do „życia”. Smakował wspaniale! Został wykonany według starej rodzinnej receptury.

W jakiś sposób straciłem możliwość używania polskich znaków na tym komputerze i nie jestem w stanie ich użyć, dopóki nie rozwiążę tego problemu. Dlatego proszę wybaczyć brak niektórych przy użyciu  polskich słów. Mam klawiaturę dla polskich programistów w systemie Windows 10, ale nie działa.

Wczoraj w nocy wstałam o 2:45, aby obejrzeć mecz koszykówki, ale niestety Gonzaga stracił mistrzostwo różnicą 7 punktów. Oni popełnili zbyt wiele błędów, a nasz polski zawodnik nie był wystarczająco skuteczny, aby pokonać  zespół przeciwników. Mój syn jest szczęśliwy, jego ulubionym zespołem jest North Carolina, która zdobyła mistrzostwo.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:44 AM

    I should refer to myself as Anonymous 2.0 (the one who agrees with your political views) not the other one who's on your case. I know you don't want to get into politics BUT concerning the big Cheeto, he's still obsessing over his win, the size of his swearing-in crowds, he's busy stripping regulations that protect the environment and has pretty much ceded his position as leader of the free world. Then, there are those (like your friend) who blame his troubles on Hillary, Rice, Schumer, the media, fake news, etc.--everybody but the orange man himself. And down we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous 2.0....you mean there's two Anon's commenting? You're not the one who told me to go back to the U.S.? Gee, I thought we had just gotten to know each other better and were bonding.

    ReplyDelete