Saturday, October 07, 2017

I wonder...........

Because I don't know, could you tell me...................when I answer a comment to the blog, do you get notification there is an answer or do you just check the blog to see if there is an answer?  My subconscious mind was at work last night creating a dream about the workshop Joan and I built when we lived in the Upper Peninsula. We needed to have an income and I always like working with wood so I decided I would build various sizes and designs of boxes, mostly for jewelry, and sell then at the various art shows in the Midwest. So, I needed a workshop and decided to buy a plan for a 2 car garage.

After making a list of all the lumber, 3 small windows, concrete blocks, insulation,1 door and roofing material I would need, I ordered it from a local source. I made the walls 6" thick instead of the standard 4" for better insulation and the roof 18" thick for the same reason. I already had a large, 3 window, bay window a friend gave me when he remodeled his house but for extra lighting I bought two skylights. I added a small side room to the plan where I would put the generator that would provide electricity for the machinery.

I hired a concrete contractor to come in an lay the foundation floor once I had built the perimeter for it. I omitted the double car door of the garage and just turned it into a wall with 2 windows. For heating, after talking with a heating expert,  I decided to use a more modern infra-red heating system that only heated the objects in the shop and since they were all made of steel it work fantastically. It operated on propane gas.

Once the foundation was laid and dried, Joan and I went to work building the four walls. We built them horizontally, 1 at a time on the foundation and when one was finished, 2 friend came over to push them up and hold them in place while I bolted them to the foundation. When they were all secured, I started putting on the roof rafters, making room for the two skylights.

Once the rafters were on, I put in the skylights and nailed down the plywood sheeting of the roof. Then it was time for Joan to join me on the roof and nail down the asphalt roof shingles. She was really good at it.

OK, I'll complete the story tomorrow.

Czy możecie mi powiedzieć, bo nie wiem: kiedy odpowiadam na komentarz do blogu, czy dostajecie powiadomienie, że jest odpowiedź czy też musicie to sprawdzić na blogu?

Moja podświadomość była w pracy tej nocy, tworząc sen o warsztacie, który Joan i ja zbudowaliśmy, kiedy mieszkaliśmy na Górnym Przylądku. Potrzebowaliśmy pieniędzy, a ja zawsze lubiłem pracować z drewnem, więc postanowiłem tworzyć pudełka o różnych rozmiarach i wzorach, głównie na biżuterię, a następnie sprzedawać je na wystawach artystycznych na Środkowym Zachodzie. Potrzebowałem warsztatu, więc postanowiłem kupić plan garażu na 2 samochody.
 
Po sporządzeniu listy potrzebnych rzeczy, na której znajdowała się tarcica, 3 małe okna, betonowe bloki, izolacje, 1 drzwi i pokrycie dachowe, zamówiłem je z lokalnego źródła. Zrobiłem ściany grube na  6", zamiast standardowych 4", dla lepszej izolacji. Dach gruby na 18" z tego samego powodu. Miałem już duże, 3-skrzydłowe okno wykuszowe, które przyjaciel dał mi, kiedy przebudowywał swój dom, ale dla dodatkowego oświetlenia kupiłem dwa świetliki. Dodałem mały pokój roboczy do planu, chciałem tam umieścić generator, zapewniający energię dla maszyn.

Wynająłem osobę do wylania fundamentów z betonu, po tym, jak wykonałem pod nie wykop. Pominąłem podwójne drzwi garażowe, zamiast nich po prostu wstawiłem w ścianę 2 okna. Do ogrzewania, po rozmowie z ekspertem ogrzewania, postanowiłem użyć bardziej nowoczesnego systemu ogrzewania na podczerwień, które podgrzewało tylko przedmioty w sklepie, a ponieważ zostały one wykonane ze stali to działało fantastycznie - na gaz propan.

Gdy fundament był położony i wysechł, Joan i ja przystąpiliśmy do budowy czterech ścian. Budowaliśmy je poziomo, 1 na raz, a kiedy skończyliśmy, jeden z przyjaciół przyszedł by pomóc - utrzymywał je w miejscu, a ja przykręcałem do podłoża. Kiedy wszystkie były  zabezpieczone, zacząłem układać krokwie dachowe, tworząc miejsce na dwa świetliki.
 
Kiedy krokwie były na miejscu, włożyłem w świetliki i przybiłem do stropu podbicie dachu. Potem nadszedł czas, by Joan dołączyła do mnie na dachu i wspólnie przybijaliśmy gonty z papy. Była w tym naprawdę dobra.
 
OK, jutro skończę tę historię.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So far, I haven't ever received notifications if you replied (I just look when I
    visit the site).

    ReplyDelete