Friday, October 06, 2017

Second opinion.

My mother never told me to get a second opinion from different doctors. Today, after using the antibiotic in my ear with no effect, I called my hand surgeon to get his recommendation of another laryngologist. I called her at 10:30 and she said to come in at 13:00. I went to the hospital where she works, she examined my ears, said there was wax blockage and she could remove it with water spray. I agreed, she did it and in 10 minutes I could hear again. I asked about inflammation or infection and she said there was NONE. My question is why the other man said there was inflammation and I had to go back twice to him when this woman cleared up the problem on the first visit. So, if you live in or near Poznań and need a laryngologist, I recommend Pani Kamińska. She works in the Przebiewszewskiego Hospital, 2nd floor, Dept. F1, entrance E. As of right now, I hear great in both ears :-)

Another amazing thing happened, this time at Carrefour. Usually when we buy water in quantity we use a large push cart and there is a returnable 1zl  coin needed to unlock the cart. Today I just had a 2zl coin and when I went to the counter to get it changed into 2-1zl coins the women gave me a coin that can be used all the time without my own 1zl coin. Now we never have to be sure we have a 1 zl coin for the cart. It may be a  small thing but it's those small things that mean something sometimes.

Moja mama nigdy nie powiedziała mi, aby uzyskać drugą opinię od różnych lekarzy. Dzisiaj, po użyciu antybiotyku w moim uchu bez efektu, zadzwoniłem do mojego chirurga ręcznego, aby uzyskać jego zalecenie innego laryngologa. Zadzwoniłem do niej o 10:30 i powiedziała, że ​​przyjdzie o godzinie 13:00. Poszedłem do szpitala, gdzie pracuje, sprawdziła moje uszy, powiedziała, że ​​woskowina jest zablokowana i może ją usunąć wodą. Zgodziłem się, zrobiła to i za 10 minut słyszałem ponownie. Zapytałem o stan zapalny lub zakażenie i powiedziała, że ​​nie było. Moje pytanie brzmi, dlaczego inni mówili, że jest stan zapalny i musiałem wrócić do niego dwukrotnie, kiedy ta kobieta rozwiązała problem podczas pierwszej wizyty. Tak więc, jeśli mieszkasz w lub w pobliżu Poznania i potrzebujesz laryngologa, polecam Pani Kamińska. Pracuje w Szpitalu Przebiewszewskiego, na II piętrze, w oddziale F1, na wejściu E. Od teraz słucham wielkich w obu uszach :-)

Inna niesamowita rzecz zdarzyła się, tym razem w Carrefour. Zwykle, gdy kupujemy wodę w ilości używamy dużego wózka do wbijania i do odblokowania wózka potrzebna jest moneta zwrotna 1zl. Dziś po prostu miałam monetę 2zl, a kiedy poszedłem do lady, aby ją zamienić w monety 2-1zl, kobiety dały mi monetę, którą można używać cały czas bez mojej monety 1zl. Teraz nie musimy być pewni, że mamy 1 zł monety na wózek. Może to być mała rzecz, ale to takie małe rzeczy, które czasami oznaczają coś.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:55 AM

    Hi David and Joan, so glad you are on the track for full recovery, I have been to the Ukraine so many times and love it, one is always so careful where you eat and the rule of thumb is avoid any foods with meat, stick with chicken or pierogi, never complain about the food as in your case, because what you get back may contain a sample of someones mouth fluids and thats at best, you only have to listen on talk back radio as to what chefs get up to...
    David you missed out on the Polish cemetery at Lwow, there is a memorial for the US serviceman who volunteered for Poland. There are also heaps on tours from the PTTK tourist agency, they are cheap and well organised. (Kiev and Odessa are a must)
    David surprised about you poor medical treatment, are you with PZU and how much is the cost per month for cover, I take it you pay a married rate... cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon: Thanks for the advice. I know we missed places and will go back again. We are with NFZ and pay individually because we have sepa
    rate pensions. The rate varies each month between 375-400 zl.

    ReplyDelete