Friday, August 14, 2020

Eyes.

I need a pair of eyes in the back of my head.  Last night, Joan was standing up in the kitchen putting spaghetti in a pot of water. I was standing right behind her. I turned my head to get a knife and in that instant, she lost her balance and fell backward and hit the back of her head on a bottom cabinet door. Fortunately, she didn't really hurt herself but it scared the heck out of me. My nerves were shot for the rest of the night. No matter how careful I think I am with her, it's not enough.  I took her back to her recliner and 10 minutes later she didn't remember it. I told Bartosz about it today when he came and he spent the whole hour working on balance. However, he's been working on balance for the last 2 1/2 months and she still has the problem. I don't know if it is going to change. We can only afford him for the next 2 weeks and then PT from him is over. Then it will be up to me again to provide it. That also scares me.

Potrzebuję pary oczu z tyłu głowy. Ostatniej nocy Joan stała w kuchni i wkładała spaghetti do garnka z wodą. Stałem tuż za nią. Odwróciłem głowę, żeby wyciągnąć nóż, a ona w tej chwili straciła równowagę, upadła do tyłu i uderzyła tyłem głowy w dolne drzwi szafki. Na szczęście nie zrobiła sobie krzywdy, ale to mnie przerażało. Moje nerwy były postrzelone przez resztę nocy. Nieważne, jak uważam, że jestem z nią, to nie wystarczy. Zabrałem ją z powrotem na jej fotel i 10 minut później nie pamiętała tego. Opowiedziałem o tym Bartoszowi dzisiaj, kiedy przyjechał i spędził całą godzinę na balansowaniu. Jednak on pracował nad równowagą przez ostatnie 2 i pół miesiąca, a ona nadal ma problem. Nie wiem, czy to się zmieni. Możemy sobie na niego pozwolić tylko przez następne 2 tygodnie, a potem PT od niego się kończy. Wtedy znowu będę musiał to zapewnić. To też mnie przeraża.

Necesito un par de ojos en la parte de atrás de mi cabeza. Anoche, Joan estaba parada en la cocina poniendo espaguetis en una olla con agua. Estaba parado justo detrás de ella. Giré la cabeza para coger un cuchillo y, en ese instante, perdió el equilibrio, cayó de espaldas y se golpeó la parte de atrás de la cabeza con la puerta del armario. Afortunadamente, ella no se lastimó realmente, pero me asustó muchísimo. Mis nervios se dispararon por el resto de la noche. No importa lo cuidadoso que crea que soy con ella, no es suficiente. La llevé de vuelta a su sillón reclinable y 10 minutos después no lo recordaba. Se lo conté a Bartosz hoy cuando vino y pasó toda la hora trabajando en equilibrio. Sin embargo, ha estado trabajando en equilibrio durante los últimos dos meses y medio y ella todavía tiene el problema. No sé si va a cambiar. Solo podemos pagarlo durante las próximas 2 semanas y luego se termina el PT de él. Entonces dependerá de mí volver a proporcionárselo. Eso también me asusta.

2 comments: