Friday, July 11, 2008

Busy Day!

It was a very busy day. In my last conversation with my angel from the immigration office she said it was a very slim chance that I could be considered for Polish citizenship because my great grandfather left Poland in 1902 while the part of Poland he lived in was under Russian control. In 1920, when Poland regained it's soverignty a law was passed that anyone who had left Poland during that Russian domination time and did not return lost their citizenship. That broke the connection for me. However it was not all bad news because she also told me that because of my strong ties to family in Poland, which I can prove, it is quite possible that I may be able to get a permanent residency card this time instead of a temporary one. That would be good for ten years and then it would be automatically renewed for another ten years. But it requires a new application and 640 zl paid plus................I need to have my birth certificate, my mothers death certificate and my grandfather Adams birth record "officially" translated by a translator that has a government seal to affix to them. I also have to go to the police station, get a document that says I have no criminal record in Poland and a document from the local tax office that says I do not owe any taxes to Poland.

So began my journey today to fullfill the requirements. First to the police department where the lady behind the information desk was very helpful even though she didn't speak English she understood what I needed. she helped me fill out the appliction for the document, called a colleague who did speak english and he walked me through the process until I had the document. Cost...50 zl.

Next I went to the photo studio that we have used before and they gave me the 4 photos of myself that I needed for the application, plus three copies.

My angel from the immigration office gave me a list of translators, I found one close to us in Stary Browar, took the 3 documents I needed translated into Polish and they will be ready next Tuesday. Cost.....about 150 zl

The only thing I have left is the tax office document and I will tackle that on this coming Monday.

Joan will only receive a temporary card, at this time, because she has no blood ties to Poland but it will also be automatically renewed after two years because we are married. It will not be a problem for her. This will relieve us of a lot activity each year preparing an application. I am happy with this outcome.

On another note, cousin Nora seems to be having the time of her life with her trip to America. They have just returned from a tour of the East Coast and on the 19th of July they leave for California. I am so happy for her. Despite all the problems, America is a great and vast country and I am sure it is a trip she will never forget.


To był bardzo zajęty dzień. W mojej ostatniej rozmowie z moim aniołem od biura imigracji ona powiedziała, że to jest bardzo nikła szansa, że mógłbym być rozważony dla polskiego obywatelstwa ponieważ mój wielki dziadek opuszczał Polskę w 1902 podczas gdy część Polski on zamieszkał w był pod rosyjską kontrolą. W 1920, kiedy Polska odzyskała to jest soverignty ustawan była przeszła, że ktoś, który opuścił Polskę podczas tamtego rosyjskiego czasu panowania i nie wrócił stracony ich obywatelstwa. Które łamało połączenie dla mnie. Jednak to nie było wszystko zła wiadomość ponieważ ona też powiedziała mi, że z powodu moich silnych krawatów do rodziny w Polsce, którą mogę udowodnić, to jest całkiem możliwe, że mogę móc dostać trwałą rezydencji kartę tym razem zamiast tymczasowego jednego. Które byłoby dobre przez dziesięć lat i wtedy to byłoby automatycznie wznowione przez inne dziesięć lat. Ale to wymaga nowej aplikacji i 640 zl zapłacił plus................I potrzebuje mieć moją metrykę urodzenia, mój akt zgonu matek i mój Adams zapis urodzenia dziadka "urzędowo" przetłumaczony przez tłumacza, który ma pieczęć rządu by dodać do nich. Też muszę pójść do komisariatu policji, dostać dokument, który mówi, że nie mam żadnej karalności uprzedniej w Polsce i dokumencie od miejscowego urzędu podatkowego, który mówi, że nie jestem winnym żadnych podatków Polsce.
Tak zaczęła moja podróż dzisiaj do fullfill wymagania. Pierwszy do komendy policji gdzie pani za punktem informacyjnym była bardzo pomocna nawet gdyby ona nie mówiła po angielsku ona zrozumiała co ja potrzebny. ona pomogła mi wypełnić appliction dla dokumentu, nazwanego kolegę, który powiedział zangielszczyć i on chodził mnie przez proces aż miałem dokument. Cost...50 zl.

Następny, którego poszedłem do studia fotografii, które użyliśmy przedtem i oni dali mi 4 fotografie siebie, że ja potrzebny dla aplikacji plus trzy kopie.

Mój anioł od biura migracji dał mi listę tłumaczy, znalazłem jednego blisko nas w Stary Browar, wziąłem 3 dokumenty potrzebny przetłumaczony na polski i oni będą gotowym następnym wtorkiem. Cost.....about 150 zl
jedyna rzecz, którą zostawiłem jest dokument urzędu podatkowego i ja będę zmagać się z tamtym w ten nadejdący poniedziałek.

Joan tylko otrzyma tymczasową kartę, w tym razem, ponieważ ona nie ma żadnego więzy krwi do Polski ale to też będzie automatycznie wznowione po dwu latach ponieważ jesteśmy żonaci. To nie będzie problem dla niej. To będzie ulżyć nam z dużo działalność każdego roku przygotowujące aplikację Jestem szczęśliwy z tym wynikiem.

Na innej notatce, kuzyna Nora wydaje się mieć czas jej życia z jej podróżą do Ameryki. Oni właśnie zwrócili od objazdu Wschodu Wybrzeża i 19. lipca oni wyruszają {opuszczają} do Kalifornii. Jestem tak szczęśliwy dla niej. Wbrew wszystkim problemom, Ameryka jest wielki i ogromny kraj

1 comment:

  1. David,
    You seem to be becoming a wizz with the paperwork!!
    I know Poland's 'non-existance' really can make citizenship for folk in your position quite tricky, so was pleased to read about how your ties to family in Poland can be considered.
    I hope your application will be approved.
    And your 'angel' - I'm sure you will treasure all her wonderful help. Great to hear about people who go out of their way to be helpful (outside the world of genealogy ;-)
    Bron.

    ReplyDelete