Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dream

I went to bed at midnight, woke up a 3AM, back to bed at 4AM and had a interesting dream. Last night it was only natural to reflect on Christmas past and what it was like for me. I thought about the 3 aunts and 2 uncles I had. Uncle Chester was my favorite uncle. Growing up without a father it was easy to view him as a figure of authority but also fun to be with when he visited. Usually when he would visit in mornings before school he could talk my mother out of sending me to school and I was happy with that arrangement. At that time I thought he was nearing old age but of course now I know better. He was only in 35 when he died. In my dream I was looking at old pictures of him and suddenly he walked through the door. I was shocked to see him and asked how he could be here since he was dead. He told me he wasn’t dead to me and that as long as I lived, he would live also. I wanted to ask him questions about my ancestors but in the distance I heard someone telling me it was 8:15AM. It was said again……..“It’s 8:15”. Finally the 8:15 woke me up. It was Joan telling me it was time to get up. When I thought about the dream I made me realize no one is really dead as long as I continue to think of them. I may not be able to visit their graves in America any longer but they are always with me.


Today was a big day of celebration in Poznań. It marked the beginning of the fighting with Germany to free Wielkopolska. In Plac Wolnośći a special speakers platform was built for a speech from the President of Poland and a stage was erected on the other side for music. Zbyszek and I were going to go but decided to watch the event of television instead. Too many people and all the streets were closed leading to the Plac. We didn’t feel like taking a bus or tram to get there.
In the autumn of 1918 Polish hopes for a sovereign Poland began serious preparations for an uprising after the Kaiser Wilhelm's abdication on 9 November 1918, which saw the end of the German monarchy, which would be replaced by the Weimar Republic.
The uprising broke out on 27 December 1918 in Poznań after a patriotic speech by Ignacy Paderewski, a famous Polish pianist.

On the Plac was a reenactment of the speech by Paderewski and fighting between Polish and German soldiers. A large crowd was on hand to witness the event.


Poszedłem do łóżka o północy, budziłem 3AM, w tył do łóżka przy 4AM i miałem interesujący sen. Ubiegłej nocy to było tylko naturalne by zastanowić się nad Bożym Narodzeniem przeszłym i co to było jak dla mnie. Pomyślałem o 3 ciotkach i 2 wujkach, których miałem. Chester wujka był mój ulubiony wujek. Dorastając bez ojca to było łatwe by obejrzeć go jak figura władzy ale też zabawa by być z kiedy on bywał. Zwykle kiedy on bywałby w rankach przed szkołą on mógłby powiedzieć moją matkę z wysyłania mnie do szkoły i byłem szczęśliwy z tamtym rozmieszczeniem. W tamtym czasie myślałem, że on zbliżał się starość ale oczywiście teraz wiem lepiej. On był tylko w 35 kiedy on umarł. W moim śnie patrzałem na stare zdjęcia go i nagle on chodził przez drzwi. Byłem wstrząśnięty by zobaczyć go i pytałem jak on mógłby być tutaj odkąd on był martwy. On powiedział mi on nie był martwy do mnie i że tak długo jak żyłem, on żyłby też. Chciałem zadać mu pytania o moich przodkach ale w odległości usłyszałem, jak ktoś powiedział mi to był 8:15AM. To było powtórzone……..“To jest 8:15”. W końcu 8:15 budzonego mnie. To była Joan mówiąca mi to był czas by wstać. Kiedy pomyślałem o śnie zrobiłem mnie realizuję że nikt nie jest naprawdę martwy tak długo jak nadal będę myśleć o nich. Nie mogę móc odwiedzić ich grobów w Ameryce choć trochę dłużej ale oni są zawsze ze mną.

Dzisiaj był duży dzień celebrowania w Poznań. To zaznaczyło początek walczenia z Niemcami do wolnej Wielkopolski. W Plac Wolnośći specjalna platforma mówiących była zbudowana dla mowy od Prezydenta Polski i scena była wzniesiona na innej stronie dla muzyki. Zbyszek i ja miałem pójść ale zdecydowałem się obserwować zdarzenie telewizji zamiast tego. Zbyt dużo ludzi i wszystkie ulice były zamknięte prowadzenie do Plac. Nie poczuliśmy ochotę na brania autobusu albo tramwaj by dostać się tam.

W jesieni 1918 polskie nadzieje dla najwyższej Polski zaczęły poważne przygotowywania dla powstania po Cesarzu Wilhelma abdykacja 9 listopada , które zobaczyło koniec niemieckiej monarchii, która byłaby zastąpiona przez Weimar Republikę.
Podnoszący się zrujnowany poza 27 grudnia 1918 w Poznań po patriotycznej mowie przez Ignacy Paderewski, sławnego polskiego pianistę.

Na Plac był reenactment mowy przez Paderewski i walczenie między polskimi i niemieckimi żołnierzami. Wielki tłum był w ręku by być świadkiem zdarzenia.

No comments:

Post a Comment