Friday, December 05, 2008

Sun, Nurse and tripod.

After 3 days of sun it has finally left us and we have returned to gray days. It's still not very cold, that's fine with me.

The nurse came today for shot number 7, only 3 to go. My back is a little better but the morning pain has turned into an ache and hasn't completely gone away.

I'm going shopping tomorrow for a tripod for my camera so I can take night pictures of Poznań. An acquaintance of mine who knows photography gave me some tips on how to take night pictures but she said I need a tripod to take good pictures. I'll go to a few stores and see what they have. The new lights in Poznań for Christmas are so beautiful you just have to be able to see them. Of course, they don't compare with the elaborate Christmas light displays in America but they are still nice. The lights are one thing I do miss at Christmas. Very few houses here are decorated with lights for Christmas but that's understandable considering the cost of electricity.

I am, once again, amazed at the cost of medicine in Poland. I had to refill my prescriptions for the next three months and paid 75zl($25USD) in total. In the U.S. I was paying $90 per month...........and that was with insurance. So for 3 months I would have had to pay $210(630 zl) for a three month supply. That's like 9 times higher than I pay here.

Also tomorrow is Święty Mikolaj. See Polish Blog on the right.

Po 3 dniach słońca to w końcu zostawiło nas i zwróciliśmy malować na szaro dni. To jest jeszcze nie bardzo zimne, które czuje się świetnie ze mną.

Pielęgniarka przyszła dzisiaj dla strzelonej numeru 7, tylko 3 by pójść. Moje plecy są trochę lepszego ale ból ranka zamienił się w ból i zupełnie nie odszedł.

Robię zakupy jutro dla trójnogu dla mojego aparatu fotograficznego tak mogę zrobić nocne zdjęcia} Poznań. Znajomość mojego, który zna, że fotografia dała mi kilka wskazówek dalej jak zrobić nocne zdjęcia ale ona powiedziała, że potrzebuję trójnogu by zrobić dobre zdjęcia. Pójdę do kilku sklepów i zobaczę co oni mają. Nowe światła w Poznań na Boże Narodzenie są tak piękne właśnie musisz móc zobaczyć ich. Oczywiście, oni nie porównują z wypracowanym Bożym Narodzeniem lekkich pokazów w Ameryce ale oni są jeszcze mili. Światła są jedna rzecz, której chybiam w Bożym Narodzeniu. Bardzo mało domów tutaj są dekorowane ze światłami dla Bożego Narodzenia ale, które jest zrozumiałe rozważając koszt elektryczności.

Jestem, jeszcze raz, zdumiony przy koszcie medycyny w Polsce. Musiałem napełnić moje nakazy przez następne trzy miesiące i zapłaciłem 75zl($25USD) w sumie. W Stanach Zjednoczonych, które płaciłem $90 przez month...........and, które było z ubezpieczeniem. Tak przez 3 miesiące musiałbym zapłacić $210(630 zl) za trzy miesiąc dostarczają. To jest jak 9 razów wyższe niż płacę tutaj.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:55 AM

    Hi...
    I looked at the Polish Christmas word list...I remember a few of them growing up...we always had Christmas Eve at Babcia and Dziadzia's. One year Dziadzia made all of the his granddaughters a jewelry box. All carved from wood and inlaid wood on the top. They are beautiful. It shows the beautiful carpentry work from Poland. He worked with wood a lot.
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the alphabet Polish Christmas words. I've printed it and plan to take it to Poland with me next summer to use as a teaching device with the high level students. I think it will be instructive for them to see the English representation of a concept that they have always known in Polish. I trust we may find a few new words of English in it too.

    ReplyDelete