Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Pie!





Nothing like Christmas time to bring out the baker in a person. Not me so much, but Joan. Even though my last name, Piekarczyk, means son of a baker or something close to that, Joan is the one who puts out the most effort in baking. I can do breads and chruściki but the rest is her domain. Today was no different as she assembled the ingredients for the pie, cut up the apples, mixed the right portions of everything and then slid this beauty into the oven. Later tonight, after dinner, we will sample it but I already know it will be very good.

Tomorrow at 9AM an agent from PZU Insurance will come to give me an estimate of the cost of car insurance for the next year. I have been with a Viennese company since I bought our Fiat two years ago but wanted to switch to a Polish company and PZU is the largest in Poland. Right now I am paying 1600zl ($555) for full coverage. We will see what PZU charges tomorrow.

Nic podobnego czasie świąt Bożego Narodzenia, aby wydobyć Baker osoby. Nie tak mnie, ale Joanna. Nawet moje nazwisko, Piekarczyk, oznacza syn piekarza lub coś podobnego do tego, Joan jest tym, który gasi większość wysiłków w pieczeniu. Zrobię pieczywa i Chruściki ale reszta jest jej domeną. Dzisiaj nie różniła się ona połączone składniki ciasto, pokrojone jabłka, mieszane prawej części wszystko, a następnie zsunął się to piękno do pieca. Później wieczorem, po kolacji będą próbki, ale już wiem, to będzie bardzo dobre.

Jutro w 9AM agenta z PZU przyjdzie mi dać szacunkowy koszt ubezpieczenia samochodu na kolejny rok. I zostały z wiedeńską firmę od naszych Fiat kupiłem dwa lata temu, ale chciał, aby przejść do polskiej firmy i PZU jest największym w Polska. Teraz płacę 1600zl (555 dolarów) za pełny zakres. Zobaczymy co PZU opłat jutro.

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn9:05 PM

    Joan...
    That pie looks YUMMY!!!!!!
    I bet it was!
    Hugs, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete