Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Winter?

-4c, ice again and travel is very slow. It took me an hour and a half to get home today when it usually only takes me 30 minutes. I guess we're going to have a little bit of winter after all.

Last night we watched a movies about the relationship between Walt Disney and the woman who wrote Mary Poppins. Of course, we didn't know anything about it before so it was an interesting movie.

This week is the week for "stołówka" in some high schools in Poznań. I am not sure if the polish spelling is right but basically it means "prom" in English. It's not held at the end of the school year like in America so for me this is a little different.  I know a few young people who are going and the excitement it generates for them.

Today, for the first time in more years than I can remember I slept until 12:30 in the afternoon. I went to bed at midnight the night before so I slept for more than 12 hours.  All I can think of is that my body needed the time to heal after falling down the stairs yesterday. Today my leg is much better and I didn't have a big problem walking

- 4c , ponownie lód i bardzo powolna jazda .Dzisiaj zajęło mi półtorej godziny, aby dostać się do domu, kiedy  zazwyczaj  zajmuje mi tylko 30 minut. Myślę, że będziemy mieć trochę zimy po wszystkim .

Poprzedniego wieczoru oglądaliśmy filmy o relacji pomiędzy Waltem Disney i kobietą, która napisała Mary Poppins . Oczywiście , że nic on trym wcześniej nie wiedzieliśmy, więc to był interesujący film .


W tym tygodniu jest tydzień
 „studniówek " w niektórych szkołach w Poznaniu . Nie jestem pewien, czy polska pisownia jest w porządku , ale w zasadzie oznacza to, " PROM" w języku angielskim . To nie odbywa się pod koniec roku szkolnego , jak w Ameryce, więc dla mnie to jest trochę inaczej . Wiem, że kilku młodych ludzi się wybiera i jest tym podeksytowanych.

Dziś , po raz pierwszy od kilku lat jak pamiętam, spałem do 12:30 po południu . Poszedłem spać o północy, więc spałem dłużej niż 12 godzin. Wszystko, co mogę myśleć to to , że mój organizm potrzebował czasu, aby dojść do siebie po wczorajszym upadku ze schodów. Dziś z moją nogą jest o wiele lepiej i nie miałem dużego problemu z chodzeniem.

1 comment:

  1. David,
    A bit of clarification - stolowka means cafeteria. What you meant is studniowka and here is the explanation in English:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studni%C3%B3wka

    ReplyDelete