Sunday, May 22, 2016

Gor膮co dzie艅-hot day

32c today on a sunny Sunday so we had to go outside in the afternoon. Earlier I had two conversations with two very interesting people and it was an enjoyable time. We talked about Polish laws and neuro linguistic programming, something which I must admit I don't know much about but now have incentive to learn about it.

Joan and I put on the lightest clothing we had and went to the rynek for people watching. It was full of people and music of different types. On the first floor of the old Dzia艂y艅ski palace were a group of musicians dressed in traditional  Polish custom and playing music from many years ago. Around the corner from them were a singer and guitar player performing more modern music. A little further away from them was a young man singing Beatle songs and then an accordion player playing the same songs almost every accordion player in the rynek performs. It's almost like there is a school for playing the same songs on accordion and everyone attends it before they start playing in the rynek. I know there are some great accordion players in Poland who play nothing like the others but you never hear them in the rynek.

On our walk there through Plac Wolno艣ci we saw a display of some of the Polish military vehicles like personnel carriers, tanks, etc. and I tried to take pictures of them only to discover my camera in my new phone was set to taking "selfies" and I didn't know how to change it so.........no pictures. I set up speed dialing in it also but it is not working. This phone is driving me crazy trying to figure out how to use it. I miss my old phone. I did mange to put Skype and FB on the new phone and they work.

S艂oneczna niedziela, 32 stopnie - musieli艣my wi臋c dzi艣 wieczorem wyj艣膰. Rano spotka艂em si臋 z dw贸jk膮 bardzo interesuj膮cych ludzi, rozmawiali艣my o polskim prawie i programowaniu neurolingwistycznym (NLP), o czym, musz臋 przyzna膰, nie za wiele wiem. Teraz mam bodziec, by pozna膰 te tematy lepiej.

Joan i ja w艂o偶yli艣my najja艣niejsze z ubra艅 i poszli艣my na Stary Rynek by poprzygl膮da膰 si臋 ludziom. Rynek by艂 pe艂en bardzo r贸偶norodnych: ludzi i muzyki.

Na pierwszym pi臋trze starego pa艂acu Dzia艂y艅skich grupa muzyk贸w, ubranych w tradycyjne, obrz臋dowe stroje, gra艂a utwory sprzed wielu lat.
Nieopodal kto艣 艣piewa艂 wsp贸艂czesne kawa艂ki, przy towarzyszeniu gitary. Nieco dalej m艂ody m臋偶czyzna 艣piewa艂 piosenki Beatle's贸w, a akordeonista wykonywa艂 te same utwory, kt贸re zwykle graj膮 akordeoni艣ci na Rynku. To wygl膮da tak, jakby istnia艂a specjalna szko艂a, w kt贸rej wszyscy akordeoni艣ci ucz膮 si臋 tych samych kompozycji, zanim zaczn膮 gra膰 na Rynku. Wiem, 偶e w Polsce s膮 艣wietni akordeoni艣ci, kt贸rzy graj膮 zupe艂nie inne kawa艂ki, jednak nie spos贸b ich spotka膰 na Rynku. 

Przechodz膮c przez Plac Wolno艣ci, zobaczyli艣my wystaw臋 polskich pojazd贸w wojskowych - czo艂g贸w, transporter贸w opancerzonych, itp. Chcia艂em zrobi膰 im zdj臋cia, okaza艂o si臋 jednak, 偶e m贸j nowy telefon by艂 ustawiony na robienie "selfie", a ja nie wiedzia艂em jak to zmieni膰, wi臋c... nie ma zdj臋膰. Wprowadzi艂em w tym telefonie tak偶e opcj臋 szybkiego wybierania, kt贸ra nie dzia艂a. Denerwuj膮 mnie pr贸by "nauczenia si臋" tego aparatu. Wola艂em m贸j stary telefon. Ale uda艂o mi si臋 z sukcesem wprowadzi膰 do niego Skype'a i Fb.