Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ink Costs!

I have a Canon Pixma iP4300 printer that just ran out of ink so I went to Media Market to buy new cartridges. I need 2 black, 1 red, 1 green and 1 blue. I was somewhat shocked at the prices......79zl($40) for the blacks and 60zl($30) for the other colors. That's $170 to replace the cartridges, more than twice the cost in the U.S. I can't believe the cost of shipping to Europe would increase the price so much for Canon.

This coming Sunday we have made a committment to going to Swiecie and Grudziądz to visit with cousins. On our vacation we passed through both towns but didn't have the time to stop and visit and I wanted to return before too long. In Grudziądz lives two sons and a daughter of my grandfathers brother, Stanisław. I met them all in 2004 but haven't returned to see them since we moved here.

Everyday we are watching the news, to see what Russia is doing and what is going on with the presidential candidates in the U.S. I think Russia will have an effect on the election, maybe even a reason that McCain would win because of his seemingly stronger stand against Russia. It's hard to tell at this time what will happen.


Mam Kanonu Pixma iP4300 drukarkę, która właśnie była na ostatku atramentu tak poszedłem do Medii Rynku by kupić nowe naboje. Potrzebuję 2 czerni, 1 czerwonej, 1 zieleń i 1 błękit. Byłem nieco wstrząśnięty przy prices......79zl($40) dla czerni i 60zl($30) dla innych kolorów. To jest $170 by zastąpić naboje, więcej niż dwa razy koszt w Stanach Zjednoczonych nie mogę uwierzyć koszt statki do Europy powiększyłby cenę tyle dla Kanonu.

Ta nadejdąca niedziela zrobiliśmy zaangażowanie do chodzenia do Swiecie i Grudziądz by bywać z kuzynami. Na naszych wakacjach przeszliśmy oba miasta ale nie mieliśmy czasu by zatrzymać się i bywać i chciałem wrócić przedtem zbyt długo. W Grudziądz żyją dwaj synowie i córka mojego brata dziadków , Stanisław. Spotkałem ich wszystkie w 2004 ale nie zwróciłem zobaczyć ich odkąd ruszyliśmy się tutaj.

Codzienny obserwujemy wiadomości, by zobaczyć, że jaka Rosja robi i co kontynuuje prezydenckich kandydatów w Stanach Zjednoczonych myślę, że Rosja będzie mieć skutek na wyborze, być może nawet powód, który McCain wygrywałby z powodu jego pozornie silniejszego stoiska przeciw Rosji. To jest twarde opowiedzieć w tym razem co zdarzy się.

1 comment:

  1. The cost of printer ink is why there were two cartridges in my suitcase on the way to Poland. I donated them for the computer we use at Reymontowka. That way I could print handouts that I brought on my flash drive without guilt!

    ReplyDelete