Friday, July 26, 2013

Saved again.

Yes, once again Zbyszek saved us.  The problem this time was concerning my GPS system that I bought last August and now won't even turn on. I thought it was because the battery was dead and plugged it into my computer to recharge but it wouldn't even connect. I tried it on both computers and then the car but still it wouldn't charge. I wrote and email to the support system of the company that makes it and they wanted proof of purchase in the form of the original sales ticket or invoice. I looked everywhere I could think of but couldn't find it. However, I did have the bill from our credit card of payment and I sent that to them.  They replied that in order for them to honor the one year warranty I needed the original sales receipt from the store where it was purchased, not the credit card payment.

Enter Zbyszek.  He came for my Polish lesson and I told him about my problem.  He said he would meet me later at Saturn, the store I bought the GPS at and talk to the service center.  We met at 3:30PM with the GPS and credit card receipt.  He talked with a representative, told them my problem and they said go to the information counter and they would look up the original purchase ticket. Once the representative had that proof of purchase with the last year they would repair the unit at no charge to me. This was a blessing because the GPS company wanted 75 Euro(300) zl and the unit only costed 500zl when I bought it last year.

Information, after searching for about 20 minutes, found the receipt, made a copy for me and we gave it to the service department.  With that proof they will repair for free within two weeks.  So, once again, Zbyszek saved us time, aggravation and money.  It was only natural to take him to Kandulski's afterward and buy him coffee and cake.  If you want a definition of the word Friend, it's easy........Zbyszek.

Tak, po raz kolejny Zbyszek uratowa艂 nas.Problem ten czas by艂 o m贸j system GPS, kt贸ry kupi艂em w sierpniu zesz艂ego roku, a teraz nawet nie chce si臋 w艂膮czy膰. My艣la艂em, 偶e to dlatego, 偶e bateria by艂a martwa i pod艂膮czy艂em go do mojego komputera, aby na艂adowa膰, ale to nie b臋dzie nawet po艂膮czy膰. Pr贸bowa艂em go na obu komputerach, a nast臋pnie na samoch贸d, ale nadal nie b臋dzie pobiera膰. Napisa艂em i e-mail do systemu wsparcia firmy sprawia, 偶e ​​to i chcieli dow贸d zakupu w postaci orygina艂u biletu lub fakturze. Szuka艂em wsz臋dzie, co my艣l臋, ale nie m贸g艂 go znale藕膰. Jednak mia艂em rachunek z naszej karty kredytowej, wp艂aty i wys艂a艂em do nich. Odpowiedzieli, 偶e w celu ich uczci膰 roczn膮 gwarancj臋 musz臋 oryginalny paragon ze sklepu, w kt贸rym zosta艂 zakupiony, a nie p艂atno艣ci kart膮 kredytow膮.

Wprowad藕 Zbyszka. Przyszed艂 do mojej polskiej lekcji i powiedzia艂em mu o moim problemie. Powiedzia艂, 偶e spotkamy si臋 p贸藕niej w Saturn, w sklepie kupi艂em GPS co i m贸wi膰 do serwisu. Spotkali艣my si臋 na 15:30 z GPS i otrzymania karty kredytowej. Rozmawia艂 z przedstawicielem, powiedzia艂 im m贸j problem i powiedzieli, przejd藕 do licznika informacji i oni odnale藕膰 oryginalny bilet zakupu. Gdy przedstawiciel mia艂 tego dow贸d zakupu z ostatniego roku b臋d膮 naprawy urz膮dzenia bez op艂at dla mnie. By艂o to b艂ogos艂awie艅stwo, poniewa偶 firma GPS chcia艂 75 Euro (300) z艂, a urz膮dzenie tylko kosztowa艂 500z艂, kiedy kupi艂em go w zesz艂ym roku.


Informacja, po wyszukaniu na oko艂o 20 minut, okaza艂o si臋, 偶e odbi贸r, zrobi艂 kopi臋 do mnie i da艂 go do serwisu. Z tego dowodu b臋d膮 naprawia膰 za darmo w ci膮gu dw贸ch tygodni. Tak wi臋c, po raz kolejny, Zbyszek uratowa艂 nas czas, nasilenie i pieni膮dze. To by艂o naturalne, by zabra膰 go do Kandulski-tych p贸藕niej i kupi膰 mu kaw臋 i ciasto. Je艣li chcesz definicj臋 przyjaciel s艂owa, to proste ........ Zbyszek.