Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Music

Listening to Mozart piano sonatas while I blog is very relaxing for me. Usually, I pick something out on YouTube to listen to while I write. It's not always classical as I am also a lover of other genres of music, like Jazz. This new laptop is a business computer so it doesn't have a DVD player. However, YouTube offers a wide variety of music. For breakfast, I normally choose one of the Meditation videos where music accompanies moving scenes of nature or some topic from the Curiosity Stream program. It's a chance to learn about various topics that might interest us like nature, history, science, technology, medicine, and others. You should check it out. It's far better than watching TV.

I realized today I have to go back to writing a schedule calendar for myself. In the past couple of months, I've missed too many meetings on Skype that I agreed to. However, not only on Skype. I was positive today was the day for Joan to meet with the neurologist to discuss the MRI from last week. I just wasn't sure of the exact time so I called to confirm it. Well, the meeting was yesterday and we missed it. When I asked for a new appointment I was told the earliest date was April 12th, 2 months from now. That wasn't good enough. I called the neurologist and he called reception and now we have an appointment for next Monday at 15:30(3:30). Tonight, I printed out blank calendars for the next 3 months, wrote down meetings for this week, and will keep them in front of me by this laptop. 

Słuchanie sonat fortepianowych Mozarta podczas blogowania jest dla mnie bardzo relaksujące. Zwykle wybieram coś na YouTube, aby posłuchać podczas pisania. Nie zawsze jest to muzyka klasyczna, bo jestem też miłośnikiem innych gatunków muzycznych, takich jak jazz. Ten nowy laptop jest komputerem biznesowym, więc nie ma odtwarzacza DVD. Jednak YouTube oferuje szeroką gamę muzyki. Na śniadanie zwykle wybieram jeden z filmów medytacyjnych, w których muzyka towarzyszy ruchomym scenom natury lub tematowi z programu Curiosity Stream. To szansa na poznanie różnych tematów, które mogą nas zainteresować, takich jak przyroda, historia, nauka, technologia, medycyna i inne. Powinieneś to sprawdzić. To znacznie lepsze niż oglądanie telewizji.

Dziś zdałem sobie sprawę, że muszę wrócić do pisania własnego kalendarza. W ciągu ostatnich kilku miesięcy przegapiłem zbyt wiele spotkań na Skypie, na które się zgodziłem. Jednak nie tylko na Skype. Byłem pewien, że dzisiaj był dzień, w którym Joan spotkała się z neurologiem w celu omówienia MRI z zeszłego tygodnia. Po prostu nie byłem pewien dokładnej godziny, więc zadzwoniłem, aby to potwierdzić. Cóż, spotkanie było wczoraj i przegapiliśmy to. Kiedy poprosiłem o nową wizytę, powiedziano mi, że najwcześniej był 12 kwietnia, za 2 miesiące. To nie było wystarczająco dobre. Zadzwoniłem do neurologa, a on zadzwonił do recepcji i teraz mamy spotkanie na następny poniedziałek o 15:30 (3:30). Dziś wieczorem wydrukowałem puste kalendarze na najbliższe 3 miesiące, zapisałem spotkania na ten tydzień i trzymam je przede mną przy tym laptopie.

Escuchar sonatas para piano de Mozart mientras escribo en el blog es muy relajante para mí. Por lo general, elijo algo en YouTube para escuchar mientras escribo. No siempre es clásico, ya que también soy un amante de otros géneros musicales, como el jazz. Esta nueva computadora portátil es una computadora comercial, por lo que no tiene reproductor de DVD. Sin embargo, YouTube ofrece una amplia variedad de música. Para el desayuno, normalmente elijo uno de los videos de meditación donde la música acompaña escenas en movimiento de la naturaleza o algún tema del programa Curiosity Stream. Es una oportunidad para aprender sobre varios temas que podrían interesarnos como naturaleza, historia, ciencia, tecnología, medicina y otros. Usted deberia comprobar esto. Es mucho mejor que mirar televisión.

Hoy me di cuenta de que tengo que volver a escribir un calendario para mí. En los últimos meses, me he perdido demasiadas reuniones por Skype a las que acepté. Sin embargo, no solo en Skype. Estaba seguro de que hoy era el día para que Joan se reuniera con el neurólogo para hablar sobre la resonancia magnética de la semana pasada. No estaba seguro de la hora exacta, así que llamé para confirmarlo. Bueno, la reunión fue ayer y nos la perdimos. Cuando pedí una nueva cita, me dijeron que la fecha más temprana era el 12 de abril, dentro de 2 meses. Eso no fue lo suficientemente bueno. Llamé al neurólogo y él llamó a recepción y ahora tenemos una cita para el próximo lunes a las 15:30 (3:30). Esta noche, imprimí calendarios en blanco para los próximos 3 meses, escribí las reuniones de esta semana y las mantendré frente a mí junto a esta computadora portátil.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Google Calendar? I love it. A pop-up reminder appears in your email a day or two before your appointment or whatever reminder or event you entered in your calendar for a certain date. I also use it for birthdays. You can use it as diary and save each month in your documents folder or print out each month. I have also added events for a day that has already passed, of course you won't get a notice for days that have already passed.
    My husband got his vaccine but I haven't gotten an invite yet from Beaumont. I am going to try for an appointment with the health dept. next week. You and Joan stay well and safe.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete