Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ego time!!

Several years ago I read a book about Poland that I enjoyed so much I bought copies and gave them to some friends. Today I received a message from the author and just had to pass it on to you.

"Wow, David your blog is just great! I encourage everyone to look at it and enjoy the wonderful pictures and commentary".

Jim

James Conroyd Martin
Award-Winning Author of
Push Not the River &
Against a Crimson Sky
http://www.jamescmartin.com/

Push Not the River.
John Stelnicki, a good friend of author James Conroyd Martin, had good reason to be interested in the genealogy of his Polish family. He possessed a diary that had been handed down within his family for 200 years. John’s translation of that historical diary from the Polish revealed the amazing story of his ancestor, Countess Anna Maria Berezowska, and led to the creation of Martin’s historical novel Push Not the River, which won a prestigious recommendation by BookSense, a network of 1200 independent booksellers. Subsequently, the sequel, Against a Crimson Sky, also won the recommendation of BookSense. And in 2007 Martin won a Gold Medal for literature from The American Institute of Polish Culture, an award few non-Poles have received. He is in the esteemed company of James Michener, one of the first recipients.

I would encourage everyone to buy and read his books.

I've got to say that the message from James Martin made my day. This blog has become a central part of my life and it's all do to you, my readers. I would continue writing it without responses but they always give me validation for this passion I have. We love, my wife and I, going to see new places, traveling to palaces, manor houses, villages and seeing Poland. I take lot's of pictures because I want you to see Poland as we see it. The difference in Poland between our first trip here in 2003 and now, in 2008, is remarkable. New houses, new roads, new sidewalks, opportunities for business, all these are indicators that Poland is on the upswing. Of course, there are still problems like in any country, but I think the future looks bright for Poland and we are glad to be a part of it. We have only lived here for one year now but we are positive we made the right decision to move here.


Kilka lat temu czytam książkę o Polsce, że ucieszyłem się tyloma kupiłem kopie i dałem ich kilku przyjaciołom. Dzisiaj otrzymałem wiadomość od autora i właśnie musiałem podać dalej to do ciebie.

"Świetna rzecz, David twój blog jest właśnie wielki! Zachęcam każdy by popatrzeć na to i ucieszyć się cudownymi zdjęciami i komentarzem".
Jim

James Conroyd Martin
Przyznają Zwycięstwo Autora
Nacisku {Pchnięcia} Nie Rzeka &
Przeciw Szkarłatnemu Nieba
http://www.JamesCMartin.com http://www.jamescmartin.com/

Pchają Nie Rzekę.
John Stelnicki, dobry przyjaciel autora Jamesa Conroyda Martin, miał dobry rozsądek by być zainteresowany w genealogii jego polskiej rodziny. On posiadł pamiętnik, który był podany w granicach jego rodziny przez 200 lat. Tłumaczenie Johna tamtego historycznego pamiętnika z języka polskiego ujawniło zdumiewającą historię jego przodka, Hrabiny Anny Marii Berezowska, i prowadzonego do tworzenia powieści historycznej Martina Pchają Nie Rzekę, która wygrała prestiżowe polecenie przez BookSense, sieć 1200 niezależnych księgarzy. Później, dalszy ciąg, Przeciw Szkarłatnemu Niebu, też wygrał polecenie BookSense. I w 2007 Martin wygrał Złoty Medal dla literatury od amerykańskiego Instytutu polskiej Kultury, nagrody, którą mało nie-Polaków otrzymali. On jest w uszanowanej spółce Jamesa Michenera, jednego z pierwszych odbiorców.

Zachęciłbym każdy by kupić i przeczytać jego książki.

Miałem powiedzieć, że wiadomość od Jamesa Martina robi mój dzień. Ten blog stał się centralną częścią mojego życia i to jest wszystko robią do ciebie, moich czytelników. Kontynuowałbym pisanie tego bez odpowiedzi ale oni zawsze dają mi walidację dla tej namiętności, którą mam. Kochamy, moja żona i ja, idąc zobaczyć nowe miejsca, podróżując do pałaców, dworków, wsi i widzącej Polski. Biorę losów zdjęć ponieważ chcę, żebyś zobaczył Polskę jak widzimy to. Różnica w Polsce między naszą pierwszą podróżą tutaj w 2003 i teraz, w 2008, jest znakomita. Nowe domy, nowe drogi, nowe chodniki, okazje dla biznesu, wszyscy ci są wskaźniki, które Polska jest na wzroście. Oczywiście, są ciche problemy jak w jakimkolwiek kraju, ale myślę przyszłe spojrzenia jasno dla Polski i jesteśmy zadowoleni z bycia częścią tego. Tylko żyjemy tutaj od jednego roku teraz ale jesteśmy pozytywny robiliśmy właściwą decyzję by ruszyć się tutaj.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:03 PM

    Hi....
    WOW and "DOUBLE WOW!!!!!! How exciting was that!!! Compliments from an award-winning author!! You know, you really do deserve the compliment for all the work you do on the blog. Even if you enjoy it, it is still alot of work. I compliment you too.....because I enjoy all of it....even the days when nothing has happened--we all have those. I have learned so much about Poland from you even though I have been there twice. Most important to me, though, is what I have learned about my family and family history from you. It is the "highlight of my day". Thank you---thank you.
    Hugs,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. One volunteer this summer brought Push Not the River. You know travlers move things around. When she was done with it, she gave it to me. It was my going home plane reading. I've been saving it so I had the author's name and could see if I find future editions in our public library. Yes, it's a terrific book.

    All the country managers for Global Volunteers will be here at the end of November. I'll probably take this book along for someone else's travel reading. All the country managers speak and read English in addition to other languages.

    I'm excited for you that heard from the author.

    ReplyDelete