Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What?


I woke up last night about 2:30AM and in my right ear I heard a thumping sound with a steady rhythm. I figured it was a neighbor listening to music so I went back to sleep. At 7:30AM, when I woke up again, I heard the same sound in my ear and realized it was my heart beat. It seemed as if I had a blockage in my ear so I went to the bathroom, took a swab and tried to clean the ear. It made the sound go away but then I couldn't hear anything from that ear. Two hours later I still had the same problem. I called to our local health center for an appointment to see an ear doctor and was told it would be a 3 week wait. That wasn't good.

I called to our old private insurance company, Medicover, to see a doctor and got an appointment for this Saturday at 8AM. Since we are no longer covered under one of their plans I would have to pay 100zl. Also not good but at least I wouldn't have to wait 3 weeks.

I talked with our friend Zbyszek about the problem and he made a phone call to a friend of his, a laryngologist. 15 minutes later he called back and said I had an appointment tonight at 6:15 with his friend. He said he'd go with me so I picked him up, we went to his friend, she checked my ears and said I had a wax blockage in both ears. She used a syringe with hot water and 20 minutes later I was hearing again. Cost 70zl($26).

Zbyszek.........a friend in need is a friend, indeed.


Budziłem się ubiegłej nocy około 2:30AM w w moim prawym uchu usłyszałem ogromny dźwięk z rytm jednostajny. Wyobraziłem, że to był sąsiad słuchający muzyki tak wróciłem spać. O 7:30AM, kiedy budziłem się znowu, usłyszałem ten sam dźwięk w moim uchu i zrealizowałem, że to było moje serce biło. To wydało się jak gdybym miał blokadę w moim uchu tak poszedłem do łazienki, wziąłem tampon i spróbowałem wyczyścić ucho. To zrobiło dźwięk odchodzą ale wówczas nie mógłbym usłyszeć czegoś od tamtego ucha. Dwie godziny później jeszcze miałem ten sam problem. Zawołałem do naszego miejscowego ośrodka zdrowia o umówiony termin by zobaczyć i otolog i byłem powiedziany, że to będzie 3 tygodnia oczekiwanie. To nie było dobre.

Zawołałem do naszego starego prywatnego towarzystwa ubezpieczeniowego, Medicover, by odwiedzić doktora i dostałem umówiony termin przez tę sobotę przy 8AM. Ponieważ nie jesteśmy już pokryci pod jednym z ich planów musiałbym zapłacić 100zl. Też nie dobry ale przynajmniej nie musiałbym czekać 3 tygodni.

Powiedziałem z naszym przyjacielem Zbyszekiem o problemie i on zrobił rozmowę telefoniczną do przyjaciela z jego, laryngologa. 15 minut później on oddzwonił i powiedział, że mam umówiony termin dzisiaj wieczorem o 6:15 z jego przyjacielem. On powiedział, że on pójdzie ze mną tak podniosłem go, poszliśmy do jego przyjaciela, ona sprawdziła moje uszy i powiedziała, że mam blokadę wosku w obu uszach. Ona używała strzykawki z gorącą wodą i 20 minut później słyszałem znowu. Kosztowany 70zl($26).

Przyjaciel Zbyszek.........a w potrzebie jest przyjaciel, naprawdę.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 PM

    Hi...
    How wonderful to have a good
    friend.....Zbyszek......and for him to also have a good friend!!
    To wait for 3 weeks for an ear problem could have been serious...
    luckily it wasn't.
    I agree with Anna from Fl. that you should consider writing a book about your Poland experiences and ancestry---but, I bet you have already considered it!!
    Hugs,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna and Marilyn,

    Thanks for the suggestion about writing a book about our experience. I wouldn't have a clue where to start but I'm sure it would take much more writing ability than I have. Writing a little daily blog that a few people read is one thing but a book?

    ReplyDelete