Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Drilling.



I mentioned earlier that our internet connection cable runs around the bedroom walls, through the living room and then into the dining room. The easiest way would have been to just drill through the bedroom wall into the dining room but when the cable man was here he wouldn't do that since we were not the owners of the flat. I finally obtained the permission to drill but was hesitant because I didn't know where the electrical lines in the wall were.

Well, today I was tired of looking at the cable in the living room and dining room, went to Castorama where I bought a 33 cm long drill bit and picked up the picture we were having a nice frame put on. The picture is old but Joan and I love it. It was from our time in Michigan.

Back home I crossed my fingers, took the drill and drilled through the wall. No electric lines were encountered and I was able to finally get rid of the cables in the rooms. Now I have a clean connection right from the wall to the modem of this setup.

When I was done with that I drilled two holes in the bedroom wall, sank the plugs into them and hung our picture up. It looks great. The frame only cost $20 to be put on so it wasn't that costly.

A fine writer, John Guzlowski, who has been reading my blog just added a link on his blog to mine. He is a professor emeritus from Eastern Illinois University and has had his work read on Garrison Keillor's show. He writes two blogs, one is about his parents experience in Nazi Germany and the other is news and information for Polish writers and writers of the Polish Diaspora. The blog is listed in my blog list.


Wspomnia艂em wcze艣niej, 偶e nasz kabel po艂膮czenia internetu biegnie dooko艂a 艣cian sypialni , przez pok贸j mieszkalny i wtedy do jadalni. Naj艂atwiejsza droga by艂aby w艂a艣nie 膰wiczy膰 si臋 przez 艣cian臋 sypialni do jadalni ale kiedy cz艂owiek kabla by艂 tutaj on nie zrobi艂by, 偶e odk膮d nie byli艣my w艂a艣cicielami mieszkania. W ko艅cu otrzyma艂em pozwolenie by 膰wiczy膰 si臋 ale by艂em niezdecydowany poniewa偶 nie wiedzia艂em gdzie elektryczne linie w 艣cianie by艂y.

Dobrze, dzisiaj by艂em zm臋czony z patrzenia na kabla w pokoju mieszkalnym i jadalni, poszed艂em do Castorama gdzie kupi艂em 33 cm d艂ugie wiert艂o i podnios艂em zdj臋cie mieli艣my mi艂膮 ram臋 po艂o偶on膮 na. Obraz jest stary ale Joan i kocham to. To by艂o od naszego czasu w Michigan.

W ty艂 do domu krzy偶owa艂em moje palce, wzi膮艂em 膰wiczenie i 膰wiczy艂em si臋 przez 艣cian臋. 呕adne elektryczne linie nie by艂y spotkane i by艂em zdolny w ko艅cu by pozby膰 si臋 kabli w pokojach. Teraz mam czyste po艂膮czenie w prawo od 艣ciany do modemu tej struktury.

Kiedy by艂em zrobiony z tamtym mn膮 艣widrowa艂em dwie dziury w 艣cianie sypialni , zatopi艂em wtyczki do nich i zawiesi艂em nasz obraz. To wygl膮da wielki. Rama tylko koszt $20 by by膰 po艂o偶eni na tak tym nie byli tak kosztowni.

Pi臋kny pisarz, John Guzlowski, kt贸ry czyta艂 m贸j blog w艂a艣nie doda艂 艂膮cze na jego blog do mojego. On jest profesorem emerytowanym od Wschodniego Illinois Uniwersytetu i kaza艂 jego pracy przeczyta膰 o Garnizonie Keillor pokaz. On pisze dwa blogs, cz艂owiek jest o jego rodzic贸w do艣wiadczeniu w hitlerowskich Niemczech i inny jest wiadomo艣ci i informacja dla polskich pisarzy i pisarzy polskiego Diaspora. Blog jest umieszczony w spisie w mojej blog li艣cie.