Wednesday, December 04, 2013

3 weeks to go.

 
Three weeks left until the big day and time is going quickly. Three or four years ago I dressed up like Santa and handed out presents to kids in a place where people lived with very little money. It didn't matter that I didn't speak Polish to the little kids, they smiled and took the presents anyway. I think I could do a better job now and talk with them a little. A Christmas without children can be a lonely event. The older I get, the more I appreciate them.
 
Last night, for the first time I had a Skype conversation with my son and cousin Andrzej at the same time. My son is a fast talker, according to Andrzej, so it may have been a little difficult for him but still helpful in hearing English.
 
Trzy tygodnie pozostały do ​​wielkiego dnia, a czas płynie szybko. Trzy lub cztery ostatni lat  ubrany jak jak Święty Mikołaj  rozdawałem prezenty dzieciom w miejscu, gdzie żyli biedni  ludzie . Dla małych dzieci nie miało znaczenia, że nie mówiłem do nich po polsku, one uśmiechały się i tak brały prezenty. Myślę, że mógłbym to teraz  zrobić lepiej i trochę z nimi porozmawiać. Boże Narodzenie bez dzieci może być smutnym wydarzeniem. Im jestem starszy, tym bardziej je doceniam.

Ostatniej nocy, po raz pierwszy miałem na Skype jednocześnie rozmowę  z moim synem i kuzynem Andrzejem . Mój syn mówi szybko, a mając na uwadze Andrzeja, to może być dla niego trochę trudne, ale nadal pomocne w umiejętności słuchania po angielsku.

No comments:

Post a Comment