Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Interesting day.

An interesting day today talking with a sister of an acquaintance of mine.  She showed me something, I can't tell you what it is, that I thought Joan would like as a Christmas present so I asked where she bought it .  She told me her husband bought it London. I told her that was a little too far for me to travel but she told me her husband was in London for the next two days. She told me she would call him, tell him to buy it and bring it back home on Thursday.  So, I have bought at least one present for Joan already. It's good to have friends and acquaintances.

On the "family side" of life, my nephew Jeff and his wife Anne have started a non-profit organization to help veterans with PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in the community where they live in Indiana. There is a very nice article about Anne from Indiana University which she graduated from. If you're interested you can read it here.............http://iun.edu/news/2013/alumna-annemarie-goodman.htm. A few months ago when I was in the United States I had an opportunity to meet her when I visited my nephew and hope to see them both in the future again.

Dzisiaj odbyłem ciekawą  rozmowę z siostrą mojego znajomego . Ona pokazała mi coś , o czym nie mogę powiedzieć co to jest , ale pomyślałem, że Joan chciałby to jako prezent gwiazdkowy , więc zapytałem , gdzie go kupiła . Powiedziała mi, że jej mąż kupił to w Londynie . Odpowiedziałem , że to trochę za daleka podróż dla mnie , ale powiedziała mi, że jej mąż będzie w Londynie w najbliższych dwóch dniach. Powiedziała, żebym ​​do niego zadzwonił , powiedział mu , żeby to kupił i przywiózł  do domu w czwartek . Tak więc, już kupiłem co najmniej jeden prezent dla Joanny . Dobrze jest mieć przyjaciół i znajomych .

Z życia rodziny. Mój bratanek Jeff i jego żona Anne zaczęli prowadzić organizację non-profit , aby pomóc weteranom z PTSD ( Zespół stresu pourazowego)  w społeczności, w której żyją w stanie Indiana . Na stronie Indiana University jest bardzo ładny artykuł o Anne, który ukończyła tą uczelnię . Jeśli jesteś zainteresowany można go przeczytać tutaj ............. http://iun.edu/news/2013/alumna-annemarie-goodman.htm . Kilka miesięcy temu , kiedy byłem w Stanach Zjednoczonych, miałem okazję ją spotkać, kiedy odwiedziłem mojego siostrzeńca i mam nadzieję zobaczyć ich obu ponownie w przyszłości.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea and much needed program.

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete