Once again, thank goodness for friends. Joan and I spent yesterday and much of today searching for our present for cousin R贸zia to no avail. Then Joan had the idea to call our friend Joanna for some advice on where to go and she told us to travel west to the town of Kiekrz, about 15 minutes, where there is a new shopping center. In this center is a toy store where she was sure the item we wanted was so we drove there. Sure enough, they had many models of what we wanted. I walked up to the clerk and asked her in Polish for what I wanted but she referred me to a young girl who spoke in English. She immediately showed us their selections of what we wanted and we chose one of them. I was a little disappointed that I had to speak in English because I thought it would be a good occassion to practice my Polish but this happens very often. As soon as I open my mouth and speak Polish, a clerk will look for someone else who speaks English. It doesn't help me at all but the main thing now is that we have the present and I am sure R贸zia will like it because it is so different.
The last two days, with the bank problem and searching for the gift, changed the plans for those two days and I missed out on two conversations. Fortunately, my conversation partner is flexible like me and we can make up for this tomorrow. On Monday I start with a new person and, hopefully, he will also be able to improve my speaking.
I've spent much of the last two months updating my family history book with new information, births and, unfortunately, deaths. It's been more than a few years since I did that and now, being able to put this book in a PDF form, I am able to email to relatives who want the information. The original book, written in 2005 didn't have that option so I had to actually have it printed and relatives paid the cost for their copy. Now I can do it for free. For myself, one day I will have it printed. When I look over all that I have learned about my family history it really amazes me that my passion for this has not subsided..........but it hasn't. Now I'm working on my father's side of the family and it is a little harder to do because most of them came from southern Poland so it is harder to access records without being there. Even so, I started out with 5 people in the tree and now I have 67 so I think that's good progress.
Jeszcze raz , dzi臋ki Bogu za przyjaci贸艂 . Joan i ja sp臋dzili艣my wczoraj i dzi艣 wiele z obecnie poszukuje dla naszego kuzyna R贸zia bezskutecznie. Nast臋pnie Joan mia艂 pomys艂 , aby zadzwoni膰 do naszego przyjaciela Joanna o rad臋 , gdzie i艣膰 , a ona powiedzia艂a nam podr贸偶owa膰 na zach贸d do miejscowo艣ci Kiekrz , oko艂o 15 minut , gdzie jestnowe centrum handlowe . W tym centrum jestsklep z zabawkami , gdzie by艂 pewienelement chcieli艣my by艂o wi臋c pojechali艣my tam. Rzeczywi艣cie , mieli wiele modeli , co chcieli艣my . Podszed艂em do urz臋dnika i poprosi艂 j膮 w j臋zyku polskim za to, co chcia艂em , ale ona skierowa艂 mnie do m艂odej dziewczyny , kt贸ry m贸wi艂 po angielsku . Od razu pokaza艂 nam swoje pozycje z tego, co chcieli艣my i wybrali艣my jedn膮 z nich . By艂emtroch臋 rozczarowany , 偶e musz臋 m贸wi膰 w j臋zyku angielskim , bo my艣la艂em , 偶e b臋dzie to dobra okazja , aby 膰wiczy膰 polskiego, ale zdarza si臋 to bardzo cz臋sto . Jak tylko otworzy膰 usta i m贸wi膰 po polsku ,urz臋dnik b臋dzie szuka膰 kogo艣, kto m贸wi po angielsku . To mi nie pomaga w og贸le , alenajwa偶niejsze jest , 偶e mamy prezent i jestem pewien, R贸zia si臋 spodoba , poniewa偶 jest tak r贸偶ne.
Ostatnie dwa dni , z problemem bank贸w i szukaj膮c prezentu , zmieni艂 plany te dwa dni i brakowa艂o mi na dw贸ch rozmowach . Na szcz臋艣cie m贸j partner rozmowy jest elastyczny jak ja i mo偶emy nadrobi膰 to jutro . W poniedzia艂ek zaczynam now膮 osob臋 i , miejmy nadziej臋 , b臋dzie r贸wnie偶 w stanie poprawi膰 m贸wienia .
Sp臋dzi艂em wiele z dw贸ch ostatnich miesi臋cy aktualizacj膮 historii mojej rodziny ksi膮偶k臋 z nowych informacji, urodze艅 i, niestety, zgon贸w. To by艂o wi臋cej ni偶kilka lat temu zrobi艂em to i teraz , jest w stanie umie艣ci膰 t臋 ksi膮偶k臋 w postaci pliku PDF , jestem w stanie wys艂a膰 do krewnych , kt贸rzy chc膮 informacji . Oryginalna ksi膮偶ka , napisana w 2005 r., nie ma takiej mo偶liwo艣ci , wi臋c musia艂em rzeczywi艣cie to drukowane i krewni zap艂aci艂 koszty ich kopii. Teraz mo偶na to zrobi膰 za darmo . Dla mnie, jeden dzie艅 b臋d臋 mie膰 to wydrukowane . Kiedy patrz臋 na wszystko, co nauczy艂em si臋 o historii mojej rodziny to naprawd臋 mnie dziwi , 偶e moja pasja nie ust膮pi .......... ale nie ma . Teraz pracuj臋 na strony ojca rodziny i jest to troch臋 trudniejsze , poniewa偶 wi臋kszo艣膰 z nich pochodzi z po艂udniowej Polski , wi臋c trudniej jest uzyska膰 dost臋p do dokumentacji , nie b臋d膮c tam. Mimo to, zacz膮艂em si臋 z 5 os贸b w drzewie , a teraz mam 67 , wi臋c my艣l臋, 偶e to dobry post臋p .
