Friday, January 02, 2015

Something else.

Remember I said I took the bus to the market and back for the duck breasts? Well, I got something else also, a cold. Yesterday and today it's been nothing but coughing and sneezing and I still had to go out to buy the food for the party.  Much to my surprise, Bistry is closed until Monday so I wasn't able to buy the favorite kielbasa and kabanosa  I finally ended up in three different stores to buy that and can only hope the quality is good. Joan made the cheesecake today and tomorrow I'll go to Kandulski's for the other sweets of different kinds. I don't know why but the food stores were packed with people at 2PM when I was there. I took massive doses of vitamin C yesterday and today and hope by tomorrow night I will be well enough for the party. We finished the cleaning and tomorrow it's just a matter of putting the finishing touches on the tables and putting out the good dishes.

Actually, I'll be glad when Monday arrives and we can get back to our study routine for the languages. The holidays put it on hold and I'm anxious to get back to it.

Pamiętasz, jak powiedziałem, że pojechałem autobusem na rynek i z powrotem po piersi z kaczki? Cóż, złapałem też coś innego, przeziębienie. Wczoraj i dziś to nie było nic innego jak kaszel i kichanie, ale  musiałem wyjść na zewnątrz, aby  kupić jedzenie na nasze party. Ku mojemu zdziwieniu, sklep Bistry jest zamknięty do poniedziałku, więc nie byłem w stanie kupić ulubionej kiełbasy i kabanosów, aż zakończyłem zakupy się w trzech różnych sklepach, aby to wszystko kupić  i można tylko mieć nadzieję, że jakość jest dobra. Dzisiaj Joan zrobiła sernik, a jutro pójdę do Kandulskich różnego rodzaju słodkości. Nie wiem dlaczego, ale sklepy spożywcze o godzinie 14:00, kiedy tam byłem, były pełne ludzi. Wczoraj i dzisiaj wziąłem ogromne dawki witaminy C i mam nadzieję, że jutro będę czuł się na tyle dobrze, aby być imprezę. Zakończyliśmy sprzątanie i jutro to tylko będzie  kwestia przygotowania stołów i postawienia na nich poczęstunku..

 Tak naprawdę, będę zadowolony, gdy nadejdzie poniedziałek  i możemy wrócić do naszych  rutynowych zajęć z językami.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and Joan,

    I'm determined not to fall behind in reading your blog this year (one of MY resolutions). :`}

    The next time you feel a cold coming on, try raw garlic (organic would be best, but any is better)-- that is, if you like garlic. The times I've started feeling 'under the weather', I take one or two cloves (even if they're small cloves, sometimes, they're hard to wash down w. water; so I usually dice them up, pop all the pieces in my mouth and wash down w. a big glass of filtered water). It works for colds, and stomach/intestinal upsets, for me. Of course, garlic cut up in any foods is a plus too, beyond using it as a natural medicine.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, thanks for the info. We now direct deposit to CitiHandlowy so there are no bank bank charges.

    ReplyDelete