Thursday, January 01, 2015

Resolution.





We're starting off the New Year with a duck breast dinner prepared by Joan and listening to the Golec concert once again. Tomorrow we will finish the cleaning, I'll have my first Polish lesson for this New Year and then go to Bistry to buy the kiełbasa and cheese for the party. Next week it's time to go for the quarterly PSA blood test, start back with the conversations on Skype  This afternoon I have to study hard the new vocabulary for my lesson tomorrow. I should have done it much earlier but the holidays got in the way and I was lazy.

Some readers asked me what my resolutions were for the new year. I only have one.....to be a better husband for my wife, to tell her how much I love her more often, to do more little things that make her happy. I thought about this lately and feel that after 40 years together I have slipped a little in those areas and there is no reason for it. She is still the same wonderful, supportive person she was when we first met so that's my only resolution for 2015.

Nowy Rok zaczynamy  obiadem, na który Joan przygotowała pierś z kaczki i ponownym odsłuchaniem koncertu Golec uOrchestra. Jutro skończymy sprzątanie, mam pierwszą  lekcję polskiego w tym roku, a następnie pójdę do Bistry, aby kupić kiełbasę i ser na imprezę. W przyszłym tygodniu upływa termin aby zrobić kwartalny test PSA i wrócić do rozmów na Skype.  Dzisiejszego popołudnia muszę mocno popracować nad słownictwem na jutrzejszą lekcję. Powinienem to zrobić dużo wcześniej, ale po drodze były święta i byłem leniwy.

Niektórzy z czytelników zapytali mnie, jakie są moje postanowienia na nowy rok. Mam tylko jedno ..... być lepszym mężem dla mojej żony, częściej mówić jej, jak bardzo ją kocham, zrobić więcej małych rzeczy, które uczynią ją szczęśliwą. Myślałem o tym ostatnio i czuję, że po 40 latach razem miałem bez powodu  „lekki poślizg” w tej materii. Ona jest wciąż tą samą wspaniałą, wspierającą  osobą, jaką była, gdy się poznaliśmy, więc to jest moje jedyne postanowienie na 2015 r.

No comments:

Post a Comment