Saturday, May 06, 2017

Anothr email.

A nice conversation with Pablo in Spain today. He is from the Basque region, northern Spain and, of course, says it is the most beautiful part of Spain. I cannot dispute him since we have not visited that part yet.

After reviewing our latest Spanish lesson I opened up my latest purchase, a book on Spanish grammar but in Polish language. I think it can help with both languages because there are many words in Polish I do not know yet so I look them up to expand my vocabulary in Polish and Spanish at the same time. At first I thought it would be good to get this book in English but that is not possible since it is written by a Polish company. Now I think it is better for me this way.

Joan was busy in the morning doing some cleaning and preparing our dinner for tonight. On this, yet another gray day, we went out for a little while just to outside for awhile. I looked at the forecast for Poznań using the weather bar at the top of my blog but see some how they have switched the place to a different town and I cannot find how to change it back because their website has changed and they give no information. I will wait a few days to see if they correct it and if not I will remove the weather bar completely. Of how much interest is it to you readers anyway? Probably not much.

Thanks to Gen Dobry I received another email from a man from Brisbane, Australia whose family immigrated there from a displaced persons camp in 1949 when he was 3 years old. It's as interesting for me to hear his stories of family history discoveries as it was when I made mine. His grandparents lived in Mamlicz, a small town south of Bydgoszcz, not too far from Poznań. Maybe one of these nice days we'll take a drive there and take some pictures to send to him.

Przeprowadziłem dzisiaj miłą rozmowę z Pablo z Hiszpanii. On jest z Kraju Basków, z północnej Hiszpanii i, oczywiście, mówi, że jest to najpiękniejsza część Hiszpanii. Nie mogę z nim polemizować, ponieważ nie odwiedziliśmy tej części jeszcze. 
 
Po zapoznaniu się z naszą ostatnią lekcję hiszpańskiego, otworzyłem mój najnowszy zakup, książkę z gramatyką hiszpańską, ale w języku polskim. Myślę, że to może pomóc w uczeniu się obu języków, ponieważ jest wiele słów w polskim, których jeszcze nie znam, a sprawdzając je, poszerzam moje słownictwo w języku polskim i hiszpańskim w tym samym czasie. Na początku myślałem, że byłoby dobrze dostać tę książkę w języku angielskim, ale nie jest to możliwe, ponieważ jest napisana przez polską firmę. Teraz myślę, że ten sposób jest lepszy.
 
Joan była rano zajęta sprzątaniem i przygotowaniem naszego obiadu na dzisiejszy wieczór. Dziś jest kolejny szary dzień, wyszliśmy tylko na chwilę na zewnątrz, by pobyć trochę na dworze. Spojrzałem na prognozę pogody dla Poznania, który pojawia się w górnej części mojego bloga, ale niestety została przełączona na inne miasto i nie wiem, jak zmienić je z powrotem, ponieważ ich strona się zmieniła i nie ma żadnych informacji. Poczekam kilka dni, aby zobaczyć, czy to poprawią, a jeśli nie, usunę ten pasek pogody. Na ile w końcu interesuje to was, czytelników? Prawdopodobnie nie za bardzo. 
 
Dzięki Gen Dobry otrzymałem kolejny e-mail od człowieka z Brisbane w Australii, którego rodzina wyemigrowała tam z obozu dla przesiedleńców w 1949 roku, gdy miał 3 lata. Bardzo interesujące było usłyszeć jego opowieści o historii odkryć rodzinnych, podobnych do moich. Jego dziadkowie mieszkali w Mamliczu, małym miasteczku na południe od Bydgoszczy, nie bardzo daleko od Poznania. Może któregoś ładnego dnia podjedziemy tam i zrobimy kilka zdjęć, aby mu wysłać.

5 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    You asked if anyone likes the weather bar on your blog. I, for one, DO like it... (1) to learn what the temperature is and to compare it what the temperature is in my neck of the woods (Colorado). But (2) I also like it because it displays in both Fahrenheit and Centigrade... and, as an American, I'm not very familiar with Centigrade... so it's always nice to see the two temperatures one after the other.... hopefully training my brain a little bit at time on the Centigrade temperatures.

    Thank you for continuing information about the feedback from your Gen Dobry letter. Your blog really touches people in a core way... especially those of us with connections to Poland (old and continuing).

    Regards,
    Lucie (Milosz) Haskins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lucie, for you comment about the weather bar. I will leave it there, contact Underground Weather and see if they can fix the correct location to the bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:30 PM

    Linda from Texas

    Yes love the weather bar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn4:16 PM

    I, too, like the weather bar!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete