Thursday, June 22, 2017

AAA

The website where I usually got the application for my International drivers license changed and I could not find it. I wrote an email to the office I use in Florida and they were very helpful. Today I had new pictures taken for the application, made copies of my valid Illinois drivers license and sent it registered mail. I should have it in 4-5 weeks, I hope.

We did our weekly shopping for food, cost 155 zl($41). A little high because Joan is preparing the traditional Polish salad and needed extra vegetables. I am sure there is a name for it but I forgot it.

I had a nice conversation earlier with my Spanish conversation partner and he corrected some mistakes I was making in Spanish. My Polish partner corrected a lot of my mistakes, always grammar. I think this will never end.

Nie mogłem znaleźć strony internetowej, przez którą zwykle wysyłałem wniosek o wydanie mojego międzynarodowego  prawa jazdy. Napisałem e-mail do biura na Florydzie, z którego korzystam i uzyskałem pomoc. Dziś zrobiłem zdjęcia do tego wniosku, kopie mojego ważnego prawa jazdy w Illinois i wysłałem list polecony.  Powinienem otrzymać nowe za 4-5 tygodni, mam nadzieję.

Zrobiliśmy tygodniowe zakupy żywności za 155 zł (41 USD). Trochę wysoki koszt,  ponieważ Joan przygotowuje tradycyjną polską sałatkę i potrzebowała dodatkowych warzyw. Jestem pewien, że sałatka ma jakąś nazwę, ale zapomniałem.

Wcześniej rozmawiałem z moim partnerem z Hiszpanii i poprawiłem błędy popełnione w języku hiszpańskim. Mój polski partner poprawił wiele moich błędów, zwykle gramatycznych. Myślę, że to się nigdy nie skończy.

7 comments:

  1. Kaśka11:04 PM

    Sałatka jarzynowa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh tak,Kaśka, bardzo dziękuję.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:13 AM

    Hi David and Joan, keep up the good work with your blog, David the salad if it is made with mayonaise is called a Russian salad, although many refer to it as a Polish salad....I may stand to be corrected but international drivers licence loose there validity if you live in Poland pernamently, you have I think 3 months to change to a Polish licence... take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, you're only off but three months. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:18 PM

    Hi David and Joan, well yes you are correct its 6months, then you need to sit for a written examination and hand in your US licence, failure to do so might land you in gaol, We all await with interest how you get a polish drivers licence...David was I correct that it was a Russian salad. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aNON, yES, IT IS SALATKA JARZYNOWA, dON'T KNOW IF IT IS Russian.

    ReplyDelete