Colder today than the past few days so I wrapped myself up in a scarf, gloves, sweater, coat and caught bus#63 to the Rondo. From there I walked 6 blocks to the train station to puchase tickets for my trip to Warsaw next Wednesday. I have a meeting scheduled at 1:30PM. I'm taking the Express train, second class seating and it leaves at 9:25AM, arrives at 12:35PM. The meeting should last a little over an hour and then the return train leaves at 4:25PM, arriving in Pozna艅 at 7:30PM. I should be home by 8PM. In 2004, Joan and I took this train, though first class at that time, and it was a very nice, modern and fast train. I thought about driving to Warsaw but it's 5 hours and God only knows where I might end up without my navigator Joan with me. The place of my meeting is only about 15-20 minute walk away from the train station so it should work out just fine. Cost of the round trip is 179 zl($73)
Heard on the news about America shooting down a satellite and the toxic debris may fall in central Poland. That's just great :-( Even in Poland we cannot escape Bush's mistakes.
I'm getting anxious for spring to arrive. Winter has been very easy but I look forward to days when we can go for walks again without coats, hats and gloves. Now, after 6 months we can walk long distances but with the cold it kind of shortens our trips. We have explored everywhere within 15-20 blocks but we would like to walk further to find more new and interesting places. Tonight we were to go to Stary Rynek to meet a new acquaintance of Joans and her husband but she just called and said he is sick now with a cough, high fever. Many people have had this lately around here. I was lucky. My illness only lasted a week and I had no high fever.
Zimniejszy dzisiaj ni偶 przesz艂o艣膰 ma艂o dni tak zawin膮艂em w szalu, r臋kawiczkach, swetrze, p艂aszczu i z艂apa艂em autobus#63 do Ronda. Stamt膮d chodzi艂em 6 blok贸w do dworca kolejowego do puchase bilet贸w dla mojej podr贸偶y do Warszawy nast臋pna 艣roda. Ka偶臋 spotkanie zaplanowany o 1:30PM. Bior臋 Poci膮g ekspresowy, drug膮 klas臋 sadzaj膮ce i to wyrusza o 9:25AM, przybywa o 12:35PM. Spotkanie powinno trwa膰 troch臋 przez godzin臋 i wtedy poci膮g powrotu odje偶d偶a o 4:25PM, przybywaj膮c do Pozna艅 o 7:30PM. Powinienem by膰 do domu przez 8PM. W 2004, Joan i ja wzi膮艂em ten poci膮g, chocia偶 pierwsza klasa w tamtym czasie, i to by艂o bardzo mi艂e, nowoczesne i poci膮g po艣pieszny. Pomy艣la艂em o p臋dzeniu do Warszawy ale to jest 5 godzin i B贸g tylko wie gdzie m贸g艂bym ko艅cz臋 bez mojej nawigatora Joan ze mn膮. Miejsce mojego spotkania jest tylko oko艂o minuty 15-20 odchodz膮 od dworca kolejowego tak to powinno zako艅czy膰 si臋 w艂a艣nie 艣wietny. Kosztowany podr贸偶y w obie strony jest 179 zl($73)
Us艂yszany na wiadomo艣cach o Ameryce zestrzeliwuj膮cej satelita i toksyczne rumowisko mo偶e pa艣膰 w centralnej Polsce. To jest w艂a艣nie wielkie :-( Nawet w Polsce nie mo偶emy unikn膮膰 pomy艂ek Bush.
Dostaj臋 si臋 niespokojny na wiosn臋 by przyby膰. Zima by艂a bardzo 艂atwa ale oczekuj臋 dni kiedy mo偶emy p贸j艣膰 po spacery znowu bez p艂aszcz贸w, kapeluszy i r臋kawiczek. Teraz, po 6 miesi膮cach mo偶emy chodzi膰 d艂ugie odleg艂o艣ci ale z zimnem to uprzejmy ze skracaj膮 nasze podr贸偶e. Zbadali艣my wsz臋dzie w granicach blok贸w 15-20 ale chcieliby艣my chodzi膰 dalej by znale藕膰 bardziej nowe i interesuj膮ce miejsca. Dzisiaj wieczorem mieli艣my p贸j艣膰 do Stary Rynek by spotka膰 now膮 znajomo艣膰 Joan i jej m臋偶a ale ona w艂a艣nie wo艂a艂a m贸wi艂a, 偶e on jest chory teraz z kaszlem, wysok膮 gor膮czk膮. Du偶o ludzi mieli to ostatnio dooko艂a tutaj. By艂em szcz臋艣liwy. Moja choroba tylko trwa艂a tydzie艅 i nie mia艂em 偶adnej wysokiej gor膮czki.