Thursday, July 19, 2012

Beautiful flowers.


Gray turned to blue, clouds disappeared with the sun and the rain moved on to cover another town or village east of Poznań as the day progressed. Coming back from our weekly Kandulski meeting we stopped to admire the beauty of the hydrangea's in front of our building. Each one is a myriad of colors and I should take a picture of them again tomorrow before they fade as the summer progresses. There are so many kinds of flowers where we live plus in the fields the flowering weeds change colors from season to season except, of course, in winter.  I've always been a nature lover and our living place affords us the opportunity to visit forests and lakes easily. Cities are nice with the monuments, old buildings, palaces, etc. but it's in nature where I find the most beauty. The years I spent living in the forests of Michigan in the United States were some of the best years I ever had.

Perhaps it started for me at an early age when my grandfather Adam would take me fishing or sometimes with my uncle Chester. At age 13 my father took me on a camping trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and I never forgot about that place. Ironically, it is where I would move when I was about 40 years old to start my adventure of living alone in the forest. A large picture of the house my son and I built hangs on a wall in our flat and is a constant reminder of that time. It was the most physically exhausting time of my life, building that house, but a remarkable accomplishment for us.

Szary zwrócił się do błękitu, chmury zniknęły ze słońcem i deszczem przeniósł się do pokrycia innego miasta lub wsi na wschód od Poznania jako dzień postępy. Wracając z naszego tygodniowego spotkania Kandulski zatrzymaliśmy się, aby podziwiać piękno hortensji jest przed naszym budynku. Każdy z nich jest mnóstwo kolorów i powinienem zrobić zdjęcie z nich jutro, zanim znikną jak lato postępuje. Istnieje tak wiele gatunków kwiatów, w którym żyjemy oraz w dziedzinie chwasty kwitnące zmienić kolory z sezonu na sezon z wyjątkiem, oczywiście, w zimie. Zawsze byłem miłośnikiem przyrody i nasze miejsce życia daje nam okazję odwiedzić lasy i jeziora łatwo. Miasta są ładne z zabytków, starych budynków, pałaców itp. ale to w naturze, gdzie znaleźć najbardziej piękno. W roku spędziłem życie w lasach Michigan w Stanach Zjednoczonych były jednymi z najlepszych latach kiedykolwiek miałem.

Być może zaczął się dla mnie w dzieciństwie, kiedy mój dziadek Adam zajmie mi połowy czy czasem z wujkiem Chester. W wieku 13 lat mój ojciec zabrał mnie na wyprawy do Górnego Półwyspu Michigan i nigdy nie zapomnieli o tym miejscu. Jak na ironię, to gdzie bym przenieść, kiedy miałem 40 lat stary, aby rozpocząć swoją przygodę z żyjących samotnie w lesie.Duży obraz z domu mój syn i ja zbudowany wisi na ścianie w mieszkaniu i jest stałym przypomnieniem tego czasu. To był najbardziej wyczerpujący fizycznie czas mojego życia, budując ten dom, ale niezwykłe osiągnięcie dla nas.

No comments:

Post a Comment