Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Normality returns.

Almost back to normal, feeling good enough today to go to Ikea and buy a quilt, two pillows and four carpet squares for under my computer desk chair. The ones I had were looking pretty bad and with my nephew coming and then a party, I thought it was time to replace them. We also wanted to buy a lamp shade that I broke for our stand up lamp. Ikea still sells the lamp but not the shade separately so they expect you to buy a whole new lamp. That wasn't going to happen. I'm not going to pay 129 zl when all I need is the shade that costs about 20 zl. I'll go to Praktiker or Castorama and find something there.

I usually don't watch the news but today I did only to hear that Russia is building a large military base near Ukraine's border and another in Syria to aid the dictator there.  Of course, they deny everything. Then there were the stories of the immigrants flooding Europe and how something has to be done to help them. ISIL says they have hundreds of their group infiltrated into the immigrants to gain access to all of Europe. God only knows what the future holds. It's a scary time. Meanwhile, no one, no ally, has really come to the aid of Ukraine with military weapons  They all give money and talk, talk, talk but that will not stop Czar Putin.

On the bright side, only 9 days until my nephew and his wife arrive so we have to get this flat cleaned and be ready for them. Joan and I have decided to give them our bedroom and we will sleep on the fold out couch. My sleep is erratic and I wouldn't want to wake them up if they slept on the fold out while I went to my computer.

Prawie wracam do normy, z na tyle dobrym samopoczuciem, by dziś jechać do Ikei i kupić kołdrę, dwie poduszki i cztery kwadratowe podkładki pod moje krzesło przy biurku komputerowym. Te, które miałem wyglądały bardzo źle, a przyjeżdża mój siostrzeniec, a potem będzie przyjęcie, więc pomyślałem, że to czas, aby je wymienić. Chcieliśmy też kupić klosz do lampy, który stłukłem. Ikea nadal sprzedaje taką samą lampę, ale nie kloszy, więc oni czekają, by kupić nową lampę. To nie tak miało być. Nie mam zamiaru płacić 129 zł, gdy wszystko czego potrzebuję to klosz, który kosztuje około 20 zł. Pójdę do Praktiker i Castorama i tam coś znajdę.

Ja zwykle nie oglądam wiadomości, ale dziś to zrobiłem, aby usłyszeć, że Rosja buduje dużą bazę wojskową w pobliżu granicy z Ukrainą i kolejną w Syrii, by pomóc tamtejszemu dyktatorowi. Oczywiście, oni wszystkiemu zaprzeczyli. Potem były historie imigrantów płynących do Europy i jak  trzeba coś zrobić, by im pomóc. ISIL mówi, że setki ich przenikają do grup imigrantów, aby uzyskać dostęp do całej Europy. Bóg jeden wie, co przyniesie przyszłość. Przerażający czas. Tymczasem nikt z sojuszników naprawdę nie przychodzi z pomocą militarną Ukrainie. Wszyscy oni dają pieniądze i rozmawiają, rozmawiają, rozmawiają, ale to nie zatrzyma cara Putina.

A z pozytówów, tylko 9 dni pozostało do przyjazdu mojego siostrzeńca i jego żony, więc musimy wysprzątać i przygotować dla nich mieszkanie. Joan i ja postanowiliśmy dać im naszą sypialnię, a my będziemy spać na rozkładanej kanapie. Mój sen jest nieregularny i nie chciałbym ich obudzić, gdyby oni spali się na tej kanapie, kiedy ja szedłbym do mojego komputera.

No comments:

Post a Comment