Sometimes in those days, especially in winter when food was hard for them to find, I would take whatever I made for breakfast and sit on the steps leading down from the front door. Usually it was orange pancakes and bread made from recipes in an old cookbook. I would tear small pieces of the bread or pancake and throw in down on the snow and in a short time a bird would appear to take it away, usually a bluebird or a black-capped chickadee. I tried just holding a piece in my hand to see if they would fly up to take it but they were too wild to do that.
Today I stopped at McDonalds and got an Egg McMuffin, pulled my car into a parking space, rolled down the window, tore off a piece of the muffing and laid it on the outside rear view mirror. Quickly. a little sparrow appeared, grabbed the bread and flew away. I did that about three times and the fourth time I just stuck my hand out the window by the mirror with the bread between two fingers. A sparrow flew to the mirror and took thw bread our of my hangers. I think I ended up feeding the birds more than I ate. Next I will take my camera to see if I can capture the moment.
Zrobi艂em dzi艣 co艣, czego nie robi艂em od czasu, gdy mieszka艂em w lesie, w Michigan wiele lat temu. Zjad艂em 艣niadanie z ptakami.
Wtedy czasem, szczeg贸lnie zim膮, gdy mia艂y problem ze znalezieniem jedzenia, bra艂em swoje 艣niadanie i siada艂em na schodach przed drzwiami wej艣ciowymi. Zwykle jad艂em pomara艅czowe nale艣niki i chleb pieczony wed艂ug przepisu ze starej ksi膮偶ki kucharskiej. Drobi艂em chleb lub nale艣nika i rzuca艂em na 艣nieg. Po chwili pojawia艂 si臋 ptaszek, by porwa膰 okruszek. Zwykle by艂 to p贸艂nocnoameryka艅ski drozd albo sikorka. Pr贸bowa艂em karmi膰 je z r臋ki, jednak by艂y zbyt dzikie by si臋 to uda艂o.
Zatrzyma艂em si臋 dzi艣 w McDonald'sie, zam贸wi艂em Egg McMuffin, zatrzyma艂em auto na parkingu, opu艣ci艂em okno, oderwa艂em kawa艂ek bu艂ki i po艂o偶y艂em na bocznym lusterku. Szybciutko pojawi艂 si臋 ma艂y wr贸bel, porwa艂 chleb i odfrun膮艂. Powt贸rzy艂em to trzy razy, a za czwartym wystawi艂em r臋k臋 za okno, przy lusterku, trzymaj膮c chleb mi臋dzy palcami. Wr贸bel podfrun膮艂 do lusterka i zabra艂 okruch. S膮dz臋, 偶e ptaki zjad艂y wi臋cej ni偶 ja. Nast臋pnym razem wezm臋 aparat i spr贸buj臋 uchwyci膰 t臋 chwil臋.