Friday, April 02, 2021

Surprise picture.

Food shopping on Good Friday. I knew it would be packed with people today so after 4 hours of sleep I woke up at 06:00, got dressed, and was off to Carrefour. I arrived just as they opened at 06:30. First, I had to find the 9" pan for baking a cake, and then search for len mielony(flax seed). About 10 minutes later, food shopping started in earnest. I have shopped here enough to know just about every location for what I need but the flax seed took a little longer to find the first time. I'm using it to try to help Joan with a problem she has.

Nobody in Carrefour knew what len mielony was. One thought it was flour, one a cereal, and even the supervisor didn't know. I checked the internet and it said I can buy it in some Apteka's also. I just have to call them and ask IF they have it.

Shopping was completed by 07:30 and I was home before 8:00. Joan was still sleeping so I had time to put the groceries away, enter what I spent today into our budget tracker, and read a little bit of "Shadow of the Wind".

Bartosz was here at 10:15 and while he was working with Joan, I went to the local Apteka to see if they had len mielony. They had it and I bought it.

I belong to a group called, "If you grew up in Hammond, Indiana," where I did. Someone posted the picture above of the 8th grade graduating class of Woodrow Wilson school, 1957, where I went. In the middle row, 5th person from the left is me. Strangely, I never saw this picture before.

Compra de alimentos el Viernes Santo. Sabía que hoy estaría lleno de gente, así que después de 4 horas de sueño me desperté a las 06:00, me vestí y me fui a Carrefour. Llegué justo cuando abrieron a las 06:30. Primero, tuve que encontrar el molde de 9 "para hornear un pastel y luego buscar len mielony (semilla de lino). Aproximadamente 10 minutos después, la compra de alimentos comenzó en serio. He comprado aquí lo suficiente como para saber casi todos los lugares para lo que Necesito, pero la semilla de lino tardó un poco más en encontrar la primera vez. La estoy usando para tratar de ayudar a Joan con un problema que tiene.

Nadie en Carrefour sabía qué era len mielony. Uno pensaba que era harina, otro un cereal, y ni siquiera el supervisor lo sabía. Revisé Internet y me dijo que también puedo comprarlo en algunos Apteka. Solo tengo que llamarlos y preguntarles SI lo tienen.

Las compras se terminaron a las 07:30 y yo estaba en casa antes de las 8:00. Joan todavía estaba durmiendo, así que tuve tiempo de guardar los comestibles, ingresar lo que gasté hoy en nuestro rastreador de presupuesto y leer un poco de "La sombra del viento".

Bartosz estuvo aquí a las 10:15 y mientras estaba trabajando con Joan, fui al Apteka local para ver si habían len mielony. Lo tenían y lo compré.

Pertenezco a un grupo llamado "Si creciste en Hammond, Indiana", donde lo hice. Alguien publicó la foto de arriba de la clase de graduados de octavo grado de la escuela Woodrow Wilson, 1957, a la que fui. En la fila del medio, la quinta persona de la izquierda soy yo. Curiosamente, nunca vi esta imagen antes.


No comments:

Post a Comment