Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Wasted morning.

What a wasted morning! I got up at 7:00 to make a meeting at 7:40 in the office for my driver's license renewal. I put the address in Google Maps and it showed me a building with a sign, Registration for Driver's License, ul. Gronowo 22A. I set my GPS, drove toward my destination but just before I reached it, my cell battery went dead. My last instruction was to turn left, then right. I did both and ended up in front of a gate to the building, only for use by occupants of the building. I backed up, followed the road until the next right turn and there was a parking lot. It was the same building where I got my first license. It was closed.

The building adjoining it was open, #22 so I went inside and asked where was building 22A. The guard told me to turn around, go straight ahead, then turn left. After walking one block, the numbers were not high enough to be the right place so I asked a street person where was 22A. He said to continue straight until the end of the buildings, then turn left. I turned left and nothing, like I saw on the internet, was there. 

I returned to building 22 and asked again. This time, another woman said, go down the stairs, turn left and there is #22A. She was right. I was late 10 minutes for my appointment and I was told my appointment time had passed and I need to make a new appointment. I did, and I will go back tomorrow at 13:30(1:30 PM) for the new meeting.Co za zmarnowany poranek! Wstałem o 7:00, żeby zdążyć na spotkanie o 7:40 w urzędzie w sprawie przedłużenia ważności prawa jazdy. Wpisałem adres w Google Maps i pokazał mi się budynek z napisem, Rejestracja Prawa Jazdy, ul. Gronowo 22A. Ustawiłem GPS, pojechałem w tym kierunku , ale tuż przed dotarciem do niego rozładowała się bateria w komórce. Ostatnim poleceniem było skręcić w lewo, potem w prawo. Zrobiłem tak i znalazłem się przed bramą do budynku, przeznaczoną tylko dla jego mieszkańców. Cofnąłem się, pojechałem drogą aż do następnego skrętu w prawo i tam był parking. To był ten sam budynek, w którym zdobyłem swoje pierwsze prawo jazdy. Był zamknięty.

Budynek przylegający do niego, nr 22, był otwarty więc wszedłem do środka i zapytałem gdzie jest budynek 22A. Strażnik powiedział mi, żebym zawrócił, poszedł prosto przed siebie, a następnie skręcił w lewo. Po przejściu jednej przecznicy, okazało się, że budynki mają niższe numery, aby iść we właściwe miejsce, więc zapytałem jakiegoś mieszkańca ulicy, gdzie jest 22A. Powiedział, że mam iść prosto aż do końca budynków, a potem skręcić w lewo. Skręciłem w lewo i nic, to co widziałem w internecie, tego tam nie było. 

Wróciłem do budynku 22 i zapytałem ponownie. Tym razem, inna kobieta powiedziała, idź w dół po schodach, skręć w lewo i tam jest nr 22A. Miała rację. Spóźniłem się 10 minut na spotkanie i powiedziano mi, że mój czas na wizytę minął i muszę umówić się na nowy termin. Tak też zrobiłem i wrócę jutro o 13:30 (1:30 PM) na nowe spotkanie.

¡Qué mañana más desaprovechada! Me he levantado a las 7:00 para quedar a las 7:40 en la oficina para renovar el carnet de conducir. Puse la dirección en Google Maps y me mostró un edificio con un cartel, Registro para la licencia de conducir, ul. Gronowo 22A. Puse mi GPS, conduje hacia mi destino pero justo antes de llegar a él, la batería de mi móvil se agotó. Mi última instrucción fue girar a la izquierda y luego a la derecha. Hice las dos cosas y acabé delante de una puerta de acceso al edificio, que sólo podían utilizar los ocupantes del mismo. Retrocedí, seguí la carretera hasta la siguiente curva a la derecha y había un aparcamiento. Era el mismo edificio donde obtuve mi primera licencia. Estaba cerrado.

El edificio contiguo estaba abierto, el 22, así que entré y pregunté dónde estaba el edificio 22A. El guardia me dijo que diera la vuelta, que siguiera recto y que girara a la izquierda. Después de caminar una cuadra, los números no eran lo suficientemente altos como para ser el lugar correcto, así que le pregunté a una persona de la calle dónde estaba el 22A. Me dijo que siguiera recto hasta el final de los edificios y que luego girara a la izquierda. Giré a la izquierda y no había nada, como había visto en Internet. 

Volví al edificio 22 y pregunté de nuevo. Esta vez, otra mujer me dijo que bajara las escaleras, que girara a la izquierda y que allí estaba el número 22A. Tenía razón. Llegué 10 minutos tarde a mi cita y me dijeron que la hora de mi cita había pasado y que tenía que pedir una nueva cita. Lo hice, y volveré mañana a las 13:30 (1:30 PM) para la nueva cita.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah David, when it's to their benefit you lose. We missed our flight to Georgia by 5 minutes. Gate closed. FU.

    ReplyDelete