Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dr. Piernik

Last night I decided I should find this doctors office before the visit today so I took out my map of Poznań. located Osiedle Orla Białwego and planned my route to the place. It's a complex on the east side of Poznań and we live on the west side. It's about 15 minutes away, unless you go during rush hour, then it's 30 minutes. I found the Osiedle with no problem but the exact address of building 103 was hard to find. As it turned out it was hidden behind another building and even when I found it I couldn't see the name of the NFZ clinic I was suppose to go to. I had to park, walk into the building and ask where was Poradnia Gaja. The information clerk told me where to go and I found it. Today it was easy to drive there and go right in. I like being prepared and being on time.

Inside the receptionist said that I had no appointment and a lot of other things, all in Polish. Not understanding what she was saying I did the only thing I could, I called Zbysek, told him the problem and handed the phone to the receptionist. He said something, she laughed, said some sentences in Polish and hung up the phone. She then told me there was one person waiting in front of me and then it would be my turn. Ten minutes later I was in the doctors office, Dr. Piernik. He spoke English, I told him my problem, he did a USG exam, said I had no kidney stones and only a bruised rib next to the kidney. He gave me a prescription and said there was nothing to worry about. For the next 20 minutes we talked about Chicago because he is going there in April for a 6 day conference and wanted to know about the city. Tommorrow I will make an appointment with our family doctor and tell her the results of the USG.


Ubiegłej nocy zdecydowałem się, że powinienem znaleźć, że to leczy biuro przed wizytą dzisiaj tak wyjąłem moja mapa Poznań. zlokalizowała Osiedle Orla Białwego i zaplanowała mój szlak do miejsca. To jest kompleks na wschodniej stronie Poznań i żyjemy z zachodniej strony. To jest około 15 minut daleko, jeżeli nie idziesz podczas godziny szczytu, wtedy to jest 30 minut. Znalazłem Osiedle z żadnym problemem ale dokładny adres budowy 103 byli twardzi by znaleźć. Jak to okazało się, że to było ukryte za innym budynkiem i nawet kiedy znalazłem to nie mógłbym zobaczyć imienia kliniki NFZ byłem przypuszczam pójść do. Musiałem zaparkować, chodzić do budowy i poprosić gdzie był Poradnia Gaja. Urzędnik informacji powiedział mi gdzie pójść i znalazłem to. Dzisiaj to było łatwe by popędzić tam i pójść w prawo w. Lubię bycie przygotowany i będący na czas.

Wewnątrz recepcjonisty powiedzianego, że nie miałem żadnego umówionego terminu i dużo inne rzeczy, wszystko po polsku. Nie rozumiejące co ona mówiła, że robię jedyną rzecz, którą mógłbym, nazwałem Zbysek, powiedziałem mu problem i wręczyłem telefon recepcjoniście. On powiedział coś, ona śmiała się, powiedziała kilka zdań po polsku i zawiesiła telefon. Ona wtedy powiedziała mi tam było jedna osoba czekająca przede mną i wtedy to byłby mój obrót. Dziesięć minut później byłem w biurze doktorów , Dr Pierniku. On mówił po angielsku, powiedziałem mu mój problem, on zrobił egzamin USG , powiedział, że nie mam żadnych kamieni nerkowych i tylko potłuczone żebro obok nerki. On dał mi nakaz i powiedziany tam nie było nic by zaniepokoić się dookoła. Przez następne 20 minut powiedzieliśmy o Chicago ponieważ on idzie tam w kwietniu dla 6 konferencji dnia i chciał wiedzieć o mieście. Tommorrow zrobię umówiony termin z naszym lekarzem rodzinnym i powiem jej wyniki o USG.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:18 AM

    David: wishing you a speedy recovery, God Bless.

    just a few point David.

    Most urgent get a second opinion, Polish doctors have nothing more than money on there mind,most have no knowledge of problems unless you have a cold.
    second, sorry to bring it up..why do people still bribe doctors or other institutions to get something done. It is against my honor to do this, that is why Poland is so corrupt. sorry David, I still like your forum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marek,
    Bribing doctors is slowly fading into the past. I haven't done it yet. I'm fortunate to know, personally, enough doctors whom I trust so I don't get second opinions.
    Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:07 AM

    Just good to double check somtimes, there are still a lot of doctors in Poland who should not be doctors

    ReplyDelete