Friday, January 16, 2009

No haircut!

At 2Pm I went to the hair salon, walked through the door and was greeted by surprised looks from the stylists. One came to me and said my appointment was for 12PM, not 2PM. Once again I got the Polish dwunastej wrong and thought it was 2PM. I had to make another appointment for next Wednesday at 1PM. So no haircut before the wedding.

I received some advice from a reader about my upcoming 65th birthday at which time I would be eligible for Medicare. Before your 65th birthday you are automatically enrolled in Medicare and 10% of your social security is taken out to pay for it but, living in Poland, it's useless to us. I was told I have to sign up for it and reject it 3 months before my birthdate or the money will come out anyway. I went to the American Consulate today and talked with the lady there to enlist her help. She called the Embassy in Warsaw and connected me with someone there. That person said the Social Security office still had us listed as living in the U.S. even though we have submitted a change of address twice. Therefore we would automatically signed up for Medicare. She will send us forms for the address change and the rejection of Medicare and hopefully that will take care of it. The consulate in Poznań is very helpful.

Tomorrow we're off to the wedding so I won't write again until Sunday night.


Przy 2Pm poszedłem do salonu włosów , chodzonego przez drzwi i byłem witany przez zaskoczone spojrzenia od stylistów. Jeden przyszedł do mnie i powiedział, że mój umówiony termin jest dla 12PM, nie 2PM. Jeszcze raz dostałem polski dwunastej źle i pomyślałem, że to był 2PM. Musiałem zrobić inny umówiony termin przez następną środę przy 1PM. Tak żadne ostrzyżenie przed ślubem.

Otrzymałem trochę rady od czytelnika o moich nadchodzących 65. urodzinach, przy których czas byłbym odpowiedni dla Medicare. Przed twoimi 65. urodzinami będziesz automatycznie wciągnięty w Medicare i 10% z twoich ubezpieczeń społecznych są wyjęty by zapłacić za to ale, mieszkając w Polsce, to jest bezużyteczne do nas. Mi powiedziano, że muszę zapisać się na to i odrzucić to 3 miesiące przed moim birthdate albo pieniądze wyjdą w każdym razie. Poszedłem do amerykańskiego Konsulatu dzisiaj i powiedziałem z panią tam by zwerbować jej pomoc. Ona nazwała Ambasadę w Warszawie i połączyła mnie z kimś tam. Tamta osoba powiedziała biuro {urząd} ZUS jeszcze kazało {miało} nas umieszczone w spisie jak mieszkające w Stanach Zjednoczonych nawet gdyby przedłożyliśmy zmianę adresu dwa razy. Dlatego bylibyśmy automatycznie zapisani na Medicare. Ona wyśle nam formy dla zmiany adresu i odrzucenia Medicare i jak dobrze pójdzie, które zajmie się tym. Konsulat w Poznań jest bardzo pomocny.

No comments:

Post a Comment