Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Framed

Today I started to put smaller family pictures, single frames on the hallway but after putting up six individual ones I didn't like the way I couldn't get them all straight in a row. One was higher, one was lower, one was too close so I took them down and came up with a new idea. I went to Praktiker and bought long, narrow strip of wood that were very straight. I measured out two of them with 9 pictures in a row, fitted the top of the first strip to the frames, marked where they were located and drilled two holes inbetween the marks for little screws. I then turned the pictures on their faces, put the strip on top of them and screw the strip to each picture. When I was done I did the same thing to the bottom of the pictures. Finally I drilled larger holes at each end of the strips and one in the middle. With larger screws and Joans help, I put the whole "frame" on the wall and screwed it in place. It worked pretty good I think and tomorrow morning I will add two more rows of pictures. I'll do the same thing in the dining room but with longer strips and four rows so I think I can mount about 144 family pictures. I may be crazy for doing this but I like the idea of being able to see people on a daily basis and when they are in albums I can't. So now our house is covered with pictures and the landlady doesn't mind. Her representative was here last night to pick up some mail and said the place looks great the way we have made it.

Lucie Haskins, a reader of this blog, suggested getting one of those new digital picture frames. I really liked the ones I say in Media Market but the cost is too prohibitive. The idea is great though. It's a picture frame that you load all of your digital pictures into and then every 5 or 10 seconds it displays a new picture continuously. What a great idea.

Tomorrow is visitor day, around 4PM. I'll spend the morning finishing off the picture hallway then buy some pastries in preparation for our guests.


Dzisiaj zacząłem kłaść mniejsze zdjęcia rodziny , pojedyncze ramy na korytarzu ale po podnoszeniu sześciu osobnikowi jedne nie lubiłem droga nie mógłbym dostać ich wszystkich prosto w rzędzie. Jeden był wyższy, jeden był niższy, jeden był również zamykają tak zdjąłem ich i znalazłem nową ideę. Poszedłem do Praktiker i kupiłem długo, wąskie pas z lasu, który był bardzo prosty. Wymierzyłem dwa z nich z 9 zdjęciami w rzędzie, odpowiedziałem szczytowi pierwszego pas do ram, zaznaczyłem gdzie oni byli zlokalizowani i świdrowali dwie dziury będące pomiędzy znaki dla małych śrub. Wtedy obróciłem obrazy na ich twarzach, kładę pas na szczycie ich i śrubuję pas do każdego zdjęcia. Kiedy byłem zrobiony zrobiłem tę samą rzecz do dna obrazów. W końcu świdrowałem większe dziury przy każdym końcu pas i jednego w środku. Z większymi śrubami i Joan pomagają, kładę całą "ramę" na ścianie i śrubowałem to na miejscu. To pracowało ładne dobro myślę i jutro rano dodam dwa więcej rzędów zdjęć. Zrobię tę samą rzecz w jadalni ale z dłuższymi pas i czterema rzędami tak myślę, że mogę wejść około 144 zdjęć rodziny. Mogę być zwariowany dla robienia tego ale lubię pomysł możenia zobaczyć ludzi na codziennej podstawie i kiedy oni są w albumach nie mogę Tak teraz nasz dom jest nakrywany z obrazami {zdjęciami} i ziemianka nie ma przeciwko. Jej reprezentant był tutaj ubiegłej nocy by podnieść trochę poczty i powiedział, że miejsce wygląda wielki droga zrobiliśmy to.

Lucie Haskins, czytelnik tego blog, zasugerował dostawanie jednej z tych nowych cyfrowych ram obrazu. Naprawdę polubiłem jedne, które mówię w Medii Rynku ale koszt jest zbyt zakazujący. Idea jest wielka chociaż. To jest rama obrazu, że ładujesz wszystkie z twoich cyfrowych zdjęć do i wtedy każdy 5 albo 10 sekund to pokazuje nowy zdjęcie ciągle. Jaka wielka idea.

Jutro jest dzień gościa , dookoła 4PM. Spędzę ranek wykańczający korytarz zdjęcia wtedy kupują kilka ciasta w przygotowywaniu dla naszych gości.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:22 AM

    David,
    What a creative solution!!! using the strips to get a straight line!

    The place is looking gorgeous!

    Thanks for taking the time to take all the photos of the new apartment as it's being decorated.

    You lamented about not being able to hang pictures that it's such a vicarious thrill to me to see all those pictures in the new apartment!

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucie,
    I feel the thrill of the pictures also. I've got a lot more to put up but by the weekend I should have them all done. The dining room wall is very large empty space and perfect for pictures. We can eat dinner and look at them hanging.

    ReplyDelete