Sunday, July 26, 2009

Picture day!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!









Spent the whole day putting up pictures. It was a great time. I had to go to Praktiker to get some frames for larger pictures and nails for the walls but I had a great time doing it. I still have two complete walls to fill with family pictures and that will take a little time arranging them but I'm about half way done I think, as far as the pictures go. I'd need 3 flats to hang all of the pictures I do have so I have to be a little selective in what I hang but I don't want to leave anyone out.

They have a unique system for framing, one that involves no actual frame but uses pressure clips to hold the glass onto the picture. You can see the results in one of the pictures. Because of the difference in sizes between the U.S. and Europe some of the pictures are not symetrical in the frames but I think they still look good :-) Joan's favorite picture is the one of her and cousin Kazia that we bought a special glass frame for. It's sitting on the armoire to the right. Click on each picture and you'll get a better view.


Wyczerpany cały dzień podnoszący zdjęciaTo był wspaniały czas. Musiałem pójść do Praktiker by dostać kilka ram dla większych zdjęć i gwoździ dla ścian ale miałem wspaniały czas robiący to. Jeszcze mam dwie kompletne ściany by napełnić się z zdjęciami rodziny i które zajmą trochę czasu rozmieszczający ich ale jestem o pół drodze zrobionej myślę, o ile obrazy pójdą. Potrzebowałbym 3 mieszkań by powiesić wszystkie z obrazów mam tak muszę być trochę selekcyjnego w czym wiszę ale nie chcę opuścić kogoś.

Oni mają unikalny system dla obramowania, jednego, który nie pociąga za sobą żadnej faktycznej ramy ale używa ciśnienie chwyta trzymać szkło na zdjęcie. Możesz zobaczyć wyniki w jednym z kin. Z powodu różnicy w rozmiarach między Stanami Zjednoczonymi a Europa kilka z obrazów nie są symmetrical w ramach ale myślę oni jeszcze wyglądają dobry :-) ulubiony zdjęcie Joan jest jedna z niej i kuzyna Kazia, że kupiliśmy specjalną ramę szkła dla. To siedzi na wielkiej zdobionej szafie w prawo. Klikaj na każdym zdjęciu i dostaniesz lepszy widok.

5 comments:

  1. How lovely David and Joan, Hope you can now Poland to the full,

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you were watching Scrubs on tv:) Best show ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paweł,
    Thanks for the input about the translation. Yes, it is far from perfect but I've also heard from other readers that at least they have an idea of what is happening with us so I keep doing it.

    I agree, Scrubs is a hilarious show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "They have a unique system for framing, one that involves no actual frame but uses pressure clips to hold the glass onto the picture." Well - I'm really surprised you did not have those in the States!
    We love photos too - daughters each have murals in their bedrooms made up of 100s of photos. Lovely to see everyone regularly, especially those who are far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I like this system, Maybe they do have it in the U.S. and I just never noticed it.

    ReplyDelete