Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Recliners.







Joan stayed home and I went to the new place to wait for Ikea. They arrived at 10:30 and delivered everything except for the dining room chair covers. I guess the girl missed them when we were checking out.

I spent the next 5 hours putting things together, taking out the trashed boxes. The doors on the szafka were interesting because there are no door handles and these doors are pretty big. I guess I will have to buy those extra, drill holes in the doors and then put them on. Seems kinda weird to not have handles on such big doors.

The clouds were pretty day outside the living room window so I took a few pictures. Our old flat is a disaster area with boxes everywhere. I'll be glad when this move is over.


Joan pozostała do domu i poszedłem do nowego miejsca by czekać na Ikea. Oni przybyli o 10:30 i dostarczyli wszystko poza krzesłem jadalni pokrywa. Domyślam się, że dziewczyna chybiła ich kiedy wymeldowywaliśmy się.

Spędziłem następne 5 godzin montujące rzeczy, wyjmując trashed pudełka. Drzwi na szafka interesowały ponieważ nie mają żadnych klamek i te drzwi są dość duże. Sądzę, że będę musiał kupić te ekstra, otwory wiertnicze w drzwiach i wtedy położyć na nich. Wydaje się rodzaj niesamowity nie by mieć uchwyty na takich dużych drzwiach.

Chmury były ładny dzień na zewnątrz okna pokoju mieszkalnego tak zrobiłem kilka zdjęć. Nasze stare mieszkanie jest obszar klęski z pudełkami wszędzie. Będę zadowolony kiedy ten ruch będzie wszędzie.

4 comments:

  1. ZonaP8:08 PM

    The drawers from Ikea mostly need handles, which are all purchased separately. Ikea does have a decent variety of knobs and pulls for you to pick from. We've put together a number of different things from Ikea (from 1 of their NJ warehouses) and their stuff seems to work out great for us. It looks like it's working out pretty good for you too in your new apartment pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we've had no problems with Ikea furniture. The handles can be bought at Ikea but I will have to buy a drill first in order to mount them. The drill will cost more than the handles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:18 AM

    Every day, you put together a bit more. It sounds like everything is coming together marvelously...

    I'm sure you're getting excited as you as you place the furniture and rugs where you want them to be.

    I can't wait to hear about when you hang your pictures up! Then you'll have truly arrived!

    Are you planning on a celebration when you're all moved and unpacked?

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right Lucie, hanging the pictures will finish off the new home. My problem is I have over 1000 family pictures now, collected from many relatives. I'm trying to narrrow it down to about 50-60 but it's difficult chose which ones. I don't want to leave anyone out. I bought 30 frames last week but still need more.

    ReplyDelete