Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Ikea

10AM we were at the new flat, waiting for Ikea. 11:15 they arrived and I informed them that the manifest they had was wrong, we didn't live on the ground floor but the second floor and there was no elevator. They weren't too happy about that, I don't blame them. They said it would be an additional 40zl but I had only 20zl. They agreed and started to carry everything up the four flights of stairs. I helped, carrying four of the dining room chairs and a few other boxes. I felt bad I couldn't give them the extra 20zl so I thought carrying some of the stuff up would be better. Not a good idea. By the time I reached the top of the last stairs my legs felt like rubber and I was exhausted. Guess I'm really not as young as I think I am :-(

They made the final trip with the last items when I remembered Joan had 60zl in her purse. I borrowed 20zl from her and handed them the 40zl they requested. It was worth it to have them carry the heavy items upstairs.

We came back about 1PM, had lunch, I took a shower and then went to meet someone. Weather has been hot the last couple of days, 29-30 celsius. Summers just started and already I am ready for autumn.


10AM byliśmy w nowym mieszkaniu, czekając na Ikea. 11:15 oni przybyli i poinformowałem ich, że manifest okrętowy oni mieli nie mieli racji, nie żyliśmy z parteru ale drugie piętro i nie była żadnej windy. Oni nie byli zbyt szczęśliwi dookoła, że, nie winię ich. Oni powiedzieli, że to będzie dodatkowy 40zl ale miałem tylko 20zl. Oni zgodzili się i zaczęli nosić wszystkiemu w górze cztery klatki schodowe. Pomogłem, nosząc cztery z krzeseł jadalni i kilka inne pudełka. Poczułem się zły nie mógłbym dać im ekstra 20zl tak pomyślałem transport kilku z rzeczy w górze byłoby lepsze. Nie dobra idea. Pzez czas osiągnąłem szczyt ostatnich schodów moje nogi poczuły ochotę na gumę i byłem wyczerpany. Sądź, że jestem naprawdę nie tak młody jak myślę, że jestem :-(

Oni zrobili końcową podróż z ostatnimi pozycjami kiedy zapamiętałem, że Joan miała 60zl w jej portfelu Pożyczyłem 20zl od niej i wręczyłem im 40zl oni poprosili. To było warte tego by kazać im nosić ciężkie pozycje na górę.

Wróciliśmy o 1PM, mieliśmy posiłek południowy, wziąłem prysznic i wtedy poszedłem spotkać kogoś. Pogoda była gorąca ostatnia para dni, Celsjusza 29-30. Lata właśnie zaczęły się i już jestem gotowy na jesień.

No comments:

Post a Comment