Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Ikea

10AM we were at the new flat, waiting for Ikea. 11:15 they arrived and I informed them that the manifest they had was wrong, we didn't live on the ground floor but the second floor and there was no elevator. They weren't too happy about that, I don't blame them. They said it would be an additional 40zl but I had only 20zl. They agreed and started to carry everything up the four flights of stairs. I helped, carrying four of the dining room chairs and a few other boxes. I felt bad I couldn't give them the extra 20zl so I thought carrying some of the stuff up would be better. Not a good idea. By the time I reached the top of the last stairs my legs felt like rubber and I was exhausted. Guess I'm really not as young as I think I am :-(

They made the final trip with the last items when I remembered Joan had 60zl in her purse. I borrowed 20zl from her and handed them the 40zl they requested. It was worth it to have them carry the heavy items upstairs.

We came back about 1PM, had lunch, I took a shower and then went to meet someone. Weather has been hot the last couple of days, 29-30 celsius. Summers just started and already I am ready for autumn.


10AM byli艣my w nowym mieszkaniu, czekaj膮c na Ikea. 11:15 oni przybyli i poinformowa艂em ich, 偶e manifest okr臋towy oni mieli nie mieli racji, nie 偶yli艣my z parteru ale drugie pi臋tro i nie by艂a 偶adnej windy. Oni nie byli zbyt szcz臋艣liwi dooko艂a, 偶e, nie wini臋 ich. Oni powiedzieli, 偶e to b臋dzie dodatkowy 40zl ale mia艂em tylko 20zl. Oni zgodzili si臋 i zacz臋li nosi膰 wszystkiemu w g贸rze cztery klatki schodowe. Pomog艂em, nosz膮c cztery z krzese艂 jadalni i kilka inne pude艂ka. Poczu艂em si臋 z艂y nie m贸g艂bym da膰 im ekstra 20zl tak pomy艣la艂em transport kilku z rzeczy w g贸rze by艂oby lepsze. Nie dobra idea. Pzez czas osi膮gn膮艂em szczyt ostatnich schod贸w moje nogi poczu艂y ochot臋 na gum臋 i by艂em wyczerpany. S膮d藕, 偶e jestem naprawd臋 nie tak m艂ody jak my艣l臋, 偶e jestem :-(

Oni zrobili ko艅cow膮 podr贸偶 z ostatnimi pozycjami kiedy zapami臋ta艂em, 偶e Joan mia艂a 60zl w jej portfelu Po偶yczy艂em 20zl od niej i wr臋czy艂em im 40zl oni poprosili. To by艂o warte tego by kaza膰 im nosi膰 ci臋偶kie pozycje na g贸r臋.

Wr贸cili艣my o 1PM, mieli艣my posi艂ek po艂udniowy, wzi膮艂em prysznic i wtedy poszed艂em spotka膰 kogo艣. Pogoda by艂a gor膮ca ostatnia para dni, Celsjusza 29-30. Lata w艂a艣nie zacz臋艂y si臋 i ju偶 jestem gotowy na jesie艅.