I had a nice meeting with a young lady I have known for some years, Ola, and who now attends the University of Southern Florida. Like many young people, in her earlier years she was not too happy living here and was always complaining about one thing or another. I kept telling her that her pessimistic attitude was not a good thing to have and now, several years later and after living in the U.S. for two years she finally has come to realize this is true. It was good to see this transformation in her, to realize that her own country, Poland, is not so bad after all. It does seem a bit funny that I was the one who kept trying to point that out to her as she was growing up. She did help me learn two Polish words, pozytywny podej艣cie, meaning positive attitude that I always used when talking with her. She is doing great in her studies with a straight A average in all classes and will finish university this coming December.
Mia艂em mi艂e spotkanie z m艂od膮 pani膮 Ol膮, kt贸r膮 znam od kilku lat, a kt贸ra teraz ucz臋szcza na Uniwersytet Po艂udniowej Florydy. Podobnie jak wielu m艂odych ludzi, jak by艂a m艂odsza nie by艂a zbyt szcz臋艣liwa, 偶e tu mieszka i zawsze narzeka艂a na to lub tamto. Powtarza艂em jej, 偶e nie jest dobrze mie膰 pesymistyczne podej艣cie i teraz, kilka lat p贸藕niej, i po dw贸ch latach 偶ycia w Stanach Zjednoczonych w ko艅cu zda艂a sobie spraw臋, 偶e to prawda. Dobrze by艂o zobaczy膰 przemian臋, jak w niej zasz艂a, aby u艣wiadomi膰 sobie, 偶e jej w艂asny kraj, Polska, nie jest taki z艂y. Wydaje si臋 troch臋 艣mieszne, 偶e jestem osob膮, kt贸ra zwraca艂a jej na to uwag臋, kiedy dorasta艂a. Ona pomog艂a mi nauczy膰 si臋 dwa polskie s艂owa: pozytywne podej艣cie, co oznacza pozytywne nastawienie, a kt贸re prezentowa艂em , kiedy z ni膮 rozmawia艂em. Ona 艣wietnie sobie radzi na studiach ze 艣redni膮 A ze wszystkich przedmiot贸w, a w tym roku w grudniu uko艅czy uniwersytet.